iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

A Reminder. Red Shirt Day is Friday

Started by Jeff, November 23, 2011, 03:49:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

Friday will be the anniversary of our friend Tom's Birth. It will be the first of the bi-annual Red-Shirt Days we will have as a tribute to Mr. Tom.  If you have a red shirt, wear it Friday to honor our friend, and if you have a notion, take a photo and post it here.  Tom would get a kick out of it.

I want to take a moment to direct your attention to the Link up in the right hand corner of the forum titled "In Memoriam.  There was no way I was going to rest in this upgrade until I had my friend back on the forum.c I miss him more than anyone can know, and especially this week. He was my right hand man and always inspired, supported and mentored me in everything I did. 

I'll be adding other Members that past on in due time, but I needed to get Tom up there so I can rest. I love you Tom.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Den Socling

Chuck White

Very nice touch to the Forum Jeff!

Chuck
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

CHARLIE

I'll be wearing my red T-Shirt on the 25th.  Losing my brother is one of the saddest parts of my life.  Death is so final and silent.
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

SwampDonkey

Tom reached a lot of folks on this forum. I think it was Tom that let me in the door here. If it wasn't, he was a close second because I remember right off the bat messaging and posting a lot between us. He gave me what I will relate as "a little forum guidance". ;) Jeff, you did to of course, in your own way.  ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

fishpharmer

I will be wearing a red shirt on the 25th.

"In Memoriam"  is very nicely done Jeff.  Many people loved Mr.Tom.
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

martyinmi

Jeff-
   You got any red Forestry Forum tee shirts for sale? I'll take one if you do! PM me if you do and we'll make shipping and payment arrangements.

Thanks,

Marty
No God, No Peace
Know God, Know Peace!

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

ARKANSAWYER

It will be like the time I came to the Piggy Roast and everyone had on a red t shirt.  Tom was the only one I recognized because everyone else thought they were the "ARKANSAWYER".
  I will be wearing red and thinking of Tom.  I am getting to looking like him more and more every day.
ARKANSAWYER

WDH

Way to go, Boss.  That is very appropriate.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

customsawyer

Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Nomad

The only red tshirt I have is in Florida, and I'm not right now.  I will, however, be fishing; one of Tom's favorite pastimes.  I'll be thinking about him a lot tomorrow.
Buying a hammer doesn't make you a carpenter
WoodMizer LT50HDD51-WR
Lucas DSM23-19

Warbird

Today, on Thanksgiving Day, I'm thankful for this place that allowed me to get to know Tom a little bit.  I will definitely be wearing my red shirt tomorrow.

WDH

Tom was a very good friend, so I will post first......

\

I miss you, Tom
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Magicman

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

asy

I dug out a red shirt and wore it, and thought of Tom lots...
I was also horrified to see that a Birthday Card I'd organised a couple of months ago was automatically sent to him on FaceBook, I'd forgotten to stop it sending. Still, I think Tom would have gotten a kick out of my oops...   smiley_roller

Jeff, I saw the In Memoriam section as soon as I logged on and I think it's just beautiful. Exceptionally nicely done. Kudos to your programming skills. Also, the new forum look is sweeeeeeeeeeet.  8)

L.
Never interrupt your opponent while he's making a mistake.
There cannot be a crisis next week. ~My schedule is already full..

Phorester

Visited Tom in December 2009. 

Very nice video of Tom, Jeff.

Texas Ranger

Jeff, I think there is a terrorist on board, no, wait, it's Danny with a beard.  Never mind.

Best I can do by myself.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Den Socling

Texas Ranger

I was/am friends with Tom on Facebook, and received a reminder when I opened up my page that today was Tom's birthday.  I don't handle this very well.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Phorester

Just finished painting my front porch.  Started to paint it red in honor of Tom...., sorry....wife said "nope, just wear the shirt"   ;D.

Shotgun

I have my red shirt on today.  Tom and I visited by phone several times and I had the privilege of meeting him at the pig roast a couple of times.  No picture from here...yet.

Thinking of you Tom!  We miss you.

Norm
Joined The Forestry Forum 5 days before 9/11.

Warbird

We remember Tom with joy, cause he was just that kinda guy and deserved all the smiles in the world.

SwampDonkey

"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

CHARLIE

I wore my red T-shirt today and thought of Tom all day (I've been doing that anyway).  No picture though. The camera I have doesn't have a timer on it and there was no one here to take the picture for me.
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

Thank You Sponsors!