iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Help questions again

Started by Jdmoak, April 07, 2013, 01:29:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jdmoak

Hi James here again with more questions  aim considering a new lt 35 with add factory add on Hyd loader and turner when I asked if I could add bi directional clamp later was told no. Can anyone teLl me why since it is offered on lt35hyd.
This would keep me in my budget and improve later with the clamp. Also anyone out there have these add on Hydrolic Loader and turner would like to see photos and have more input. Thank you all for you're patience and help
James
James d means

WoodenHead

Hi James,

The LT28, LT35 manual and LT40 manual I believe all share the same frame which is different from the hydraulic mill frame.  The key difference is the "bump-out" in the hydraulic frame to accomodate the two-plane clamp.

Here is a picture of the frame with the two-plane clamp:

On the manual mills (LT28/35/40) the frame is straight at that point and the structure for the manual clamping is welded solid across the frame:

The picture also somewhat shows the add-on hydraulic log loader.  I have yet to see a picture of the add-on hydraulic claw turner.  I think it is Woodmizer's best kept secret.  :D

From my LT28 frame I would say that you could also add-on the hydraulic backstops with factory parts.  I believe the 2010 frame and newer has the mount for the backstop cylinder and no obstructions for hydraulic backstops.

Jdmoak

Thank you woodenhead that makes sense, that info is very helpful
Thanks james
James d means

Thank You Sponsors!