iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

i need to run another zone , looking for someone to walk me through the process

Started by adamant, December 01, 2015, 09:05:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

adamant

I have a Central Boiler 60 48. I need to add another zone. I am looking for someone who can walk me through the process this is knowledgeable.
Here's a picture of the side panel

central boiler 6048
son's off to collage and he was replaced with a timber wolf tw 5

beenthere

adamant
That pic isn't the one from your gallery that shows up very large. Maybe switch it out for one of the others. Just modify your post to do that.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

LittleJohn

**I assume that you mean LOOP, not zone to CB6048!!!
Since you do not have shut off valves on the other bungs of the boiler, you will have to shut down your boiler, drain the water and add additional loop. 

To avoid this on my old mans eClassic 3200, I had him put street elbows and valves on the 1.25" set of bungs on his boiler.  He used stove to heat detached pole barn for a year before he had house build.  When we went to activate the house, all we had to do was hook up the pipe and flip the switched.

IF YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT ADDING A ZONE, I would just cut in a couple of tees and put in a Zone valve and maybe a pump.  ...but this all depends on what you got going on already for a radiant system

thecfarm

Here's the back of my Heatmor. Must be just about the same.

I have a spare something as you can see. I was planing for a working garage,but don't look like it now.
I had my done by someone that knew what they was doing. So not much help,but I have a picture.  :)
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

adamant

Quote from: LittleJohn on December 01, 2015, 11:57:43 AM
**I assume that you mean LOOP, not zone to CB6048!!!
Since you do not have shut off valves on the other bungs of the boiler, you will have to shut down your boiler, drain the water and add additional loop. 

To avoid this on my old mans eClassic 3200, I had him put street elbows and valves on the 1.25" set of bungs on his boiler.  He used stove to heat detached pole barn for a year before he had house build.  When we went to activate the house, all we had to do was hook up the pipe and flip the switched.

IF YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT ADDING A ZONE, I would just cut in a couple of tees and put in a Zone valve and maybe a pump.  ...but this all depends on what you got going on already for a radiant system

Yes. Another loop. I want to heat my pole barn.what's t h e easiest way to drain some water out of my unit? And I guess I want to drain down to that pipe fitting this under that black cap that you can see in the picture? Also should I reuse that water again since its been treated?
central boiler 6048

r.man

Adamant, you don't need to drain your boiler but you should let it cool down some. Get the new fittings and valves ready and thread gooped, shut down the boiler electrics and pumps and close off the old valves. Check to see if the water level is below the bottom of the vent pipe and if it isn't drain off enough water so it is. Now adapt a shop vacuum hose to snugly fit the vent pipe. While the vacuum is on no amount of water should come out of the opened bung. I am not sure that no water will come out so you probably want gloves on and you should exercise reasonable caution. This is an old trick for replacing oil fuel tank valves without draining the tanks. I doubt the size of the hole will cause much water to leak, I have pulled hot water heater elements out of full tanks that are all valved off with very little leakage and the element hole is larger than 1 1/4 inches. The vacuum should take care of the majority of the potential leaking. Without a shop vacuum if the vent was taped shut the water should just glug out. Let us know what you end up doing.
Life is too short or my list is too long, not sure which. Dec 2014

LittleJohn

Quote from: r.man on December 01, 2015, 09:52:57 PM...you don't need to drain your boiler but you should let it cool down some...
In theory it should work, but I would try it with the upper bung first (less water to spill :D)

...but in the end you will still have to do a little work to your water, as you will be adding at least some fresh water to the mix and need to get all the chemicals and what not back in line.

r.man

I think that I could swap each bung for a valve and elbow and only spill a gallon a piece, maybe less, with just the sealed vent. With the vacuum you might not spill any. I am tempted to try mine to see and if I can spare the time in the next few days I will. I have a large tall Empyre pro that has an extra set of bungs. I am in a good position to experiment since mine has no chemicals in it and the days are fairly warm right now.
Life is too short or my list is too long, not sure which. Dec 2014

LittleJohn

Also for what its worth, I like to put my pump in the structure (I know just another arguement point)

Adamant, make sure you get the correct bypass valve from Central for you install and GOOD LUCK!!!

adamant

i got drenched! had to drain it down to the return line.. also had a hard time finding a socket to fit the square plug!
central boiler 6048

LittleJohn

xlogger

I added another one to my CB a month ago, all you need on the square plug is a 12 point socket, forgot size maybe 9/16 or 5/8.
Timberking 2000, Turbo slabber Mill, 584 Case, Bobcat 773, solar kiln, Nyle L-53 DH kiln

Thank You Sponsors!