iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

bandsaw mill identification

Started by T Mike Potter, October 03, 2024, 11:58:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dbroswoods and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

T Mike Potter

I'm asking and calling on all the experienced and knowledgeable people to help me ID this bandsaw mill that I have acquired. I'm assuming it is an older model being that appear to some of the newer features I've seen. It has 2 sets of numbers on the pulley shaft housing: P208 & SST          I will post pictures if necessary and fiqure out how to route them here.

Old Greenhorn

Definately gonna need photos. There is a tutorial availble for that. Just follow the rules. 
 Sounds like you've found casting numbers. We'll need a lot more than that. At least a detailed description and paint colors, optins, etc.
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

DanielW

Yes, definitely need pictures. P208 is just one of many standard PB bearing casting sizes that will be cast into the housing, and SST is just another standard bearing supplier that casts their 'SST' badge into the standard-sized housings they sell. Though if all you need is the bearing, that can be sourced anywhere - doesn't have to be SST - just get a 208 PB bearing with the correct bearing insert for your shaft size.

https://sstbearingcorp.com/bearings/mounted-ball-bearings/

T Mike Potter

I've included a couple of pictures of this mill in my gallery

beenthere

Mike
Looks to be homemade mill. But may saw logs into lumber just fine.

Read the rules of the forum, which state you need to put your gallery pics in your post, not "point" to the gallery.

Easy to put your pics in posts by copying the code under your pic and pasting it in your post. I've done that with one of your pics here.

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

doc henderson

Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

doc henderson

oops me too.  you need to open the FF in another window.  like clicking the + sign on the side bar and open it and go to the gallery, then your gallery.  click and select the pic you want.  scroll down below the pic, and right click and select the BBC (normal), and then copy it.  go back to the other first window.  with a reply open (the first one you opened) then paste the url BBC (normal) you copied into the space.  it will go wherever the cursor is.  you can hit return to move the cursor down for a space between the pics. 
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Thank You Sponsors!