iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New(ish) Member

Started by FactorySeconds, December 02, 2022, 09:20:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FactorySeconds

Hey guys,

First of all I want to say a huge thank you for all the knowledge imparted on these forums, it's no small part to how I've progressed at my place of work to being the milling supervisor. So, truly, thank you.

I've been lurking here for over a year and feel like now I can participate without sounding like a complete fool. Here we mill hardwood all year round with a 2016WMHD40 and a 1998 stretched WMHD40 and earlier this year we added a TruCut 96" which has been an excellent learning tool. The manual for it is a little... sparse.

I chose the handle Factory Seconds because that's what we mainly mill - Logs that are rejected from the big boys for not being of their particular standard. We only do live edge for the custom/boutique furniture builders and have 2 large kilns on site. 

A special shoutout to @YellowHammer for his videos and mainly his demeanor and approach to work. For this Scottish immigrant I've often thought "What would YH do?" when my head gets heated lol. Take a breath, make it right.

So again, great to be a part of such a great community.
Thanks
FS

moosehunter

FS, welcome! You said you are from Scotland, where are you now?
mh
"And the days that I keep my gratitude
Higher than my expectations
Well, I have really good days".    Ray Wylie Hubbard

FactorySeconds

Quote from: moosehunter on December 02, 2022, 11:34:39 AM
FS, welcome! You said you are from Scotland, where are you now?
mh
Thank you for the welcome. I'm in Ontario, Canada now. 

YellowHammer

Welcome!  Thanks for the compliments and I wholeheartedly agree that this is the best Forum on the web and with the best folks anywhere.  

Thanks for watching the videos, I try to make them as real as I can, and put a few tips in them to keep people awake.  The best part of being in business is a chance to be the best and you are right, take a breath, step back and make it right.  There are way too many businesses that do it wrong and push out junk.  Sounds like you are on the right track and if I can help, let me know.
YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

Thank You Sponsors!