iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Log load

Started by Billikenfan, March 07, 2015, 01:17:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Billikenfan

Here's a load of logs I hauled today.  I picked up 4 loads like this today.  The trucks works well for an all around truck.  I do wish I had a real log truck.

2015 Woodmizer LT40  Hydraulic 35hp
Mountain Home Firewood Kiln. Beaver Wood Eater Firewood Processer.  John Deere 260 Skid Steer.

Wallys World

Hopefully DOT won't see you hauling like that, no bunks and one strap!
Wood-Mizer LT28G25, Wood-Mizer EG10 Edger, Wallenstein Timber Talon log loader trailer, Wallenstein GX640 wood splitter, Wallenstein WP835 Fire Wood Processor, Kubota BX 22 TLB, JD 445, JD Gator, Home made arch, Stihl 024 Super, MS251, MS311, MS440 Magnum & MS660.

SPD748

Yeah, my local Motor Carrier guys would have a fit. Throw a few more straps on there maybe? Nice load though. Good looking truck too. I'm sure it makes the unloading process go pretty easy :)

-lee
Frick 0 Handset - A continuing project dedicated to my Dad.

410 Deere, 240 Massey... I really need a rough terrain forklift :)

Sawing Since 1-19-2013 @ 3:30 pm
Serving Since 2002
"Some police officers give tickets, some gave all."

ozarkgem

that is how I haul them. The dump truck makes easy work of unloading.
Mighty Mite Band Mill, Case Backhoe, 763 Bobcat, Ford 3400 w/FEL , 1962 Ford 4000, Int dump truck, Clark forklift, lots of trailers. Stihl 046 Magnum, 029 Stihl. complete machine shop to keep everything going.

47sawdust

I bet not many members know what a billiken fan is or what a billiken is for that matter.I grew up outside St.Louis so I know,if you fill out your profile folks will know more about you.
Nice load of logs,by all means get some more binders for that load,somebody could get hurt or worse if that load let go.
Mick
1997 WM Lt30 1999 WM twin blade edger Kubota L3750 Tajfun winchGood Health Work is my hobby.

Billikenfan

I put more on it when I pulled over by the skid steer trailer.   Also it's hard to see but every log is behind the metal plating on the front of the bed. I needed a do it all truck so this fits the bill the closest.   We have 1/4 mile gravel road so I can use the truck to rock it.  I can also tow the skid steer home with a load of logs so there is no wasted trip.  I'm looking for a good deal on  tandem dual deck over trailer.  Then I'll be able to haul on the truck and trailer and cant hook the logs off the trailer when the machine isn't at the logging site.

Scott
Mountain Home Firewood Kiln. Beaver Wood Eater Firewood Processer.  John Deere 260 Skid Steer.

Magicman

I have wished many times that I had a "log truck" like that.   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

4x4American

This trailer is doing my well for now.  I had thought about a dump truck before.  One day..

Boy, back in my day..

Billikenfan

I like using a trailer also.   I use one when my supplier has his loader truck on hand.  Usually he doesn't so I have to take my skid steer.  The dump truck allows me to do that without wasting a trip. 

Scott

4x4American

That's a good idea.  There are some good small loggers I would love to buy from around here but I can't because they only have a skidder, and it would cost more in time/labor for me to haul the tractor there, load the trailer, and then have to go back and haul the tractor back than it's worth.
Boy, back in my day..

redprospector

Quote from: 4x4American on March 07, 2015, 12:17:08 PM
That's a good idea.  There are some good small loggers I would love to buy from around here but I can't because they only have a skidder, and it would cost more in time/labor for me to haul the tractor there, load the trailer, and then have to go back and haul the tractor back than it's worth.

You need one of these then.

1996 Timber King B-20 with 14' extension, Morgan Mini Scragg Mill, Fastline Band Scragg Mill (project), 1973 JD 440-b skidder, 2008 Bobcat T-320 with buckets, grapple, auger, Tushogg mulching head, etc., 2006 Fecon FTX-90L with Bull Hog 74SS head, 1994 Vermeer 1250 BC Chipper. A bunch of chainsaws.

4x4American

I would love one of those, the problem is, they are spendy units.  I would need to ask myself, do I want to be a trucker or a sawyer?  Maybe one day!  Thing is, once I get setup somewhere I can get log trucks in and out with ease, I'll just buy logs by the truckload.
Boy, back in my day..

Southside

I have loaded a number of logs onto a gooseneck with a skidder. Works easier if you have removable bolsters, just back up to the side of the trailer with the log 90 degrees across the skidder. Set the log down and roll it to the other side. You can do the same from the back end just having the log projecting out the back of the skidder and backing up to the trailer.  When I loaded logs with a farm tractor some were too heavy for the forks to lift so I would do it this way.
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Ocklawahaboy

Every time I think about upgrading my hauling capacity, I look around at the logs waiting to be milled....
No need to haul more in if I haven't milled the ones I have.

Thank You Sponsors!