iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

found out the hard way....

Started by Woodboogah, July 31, 2014, 07:05:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woodboogah

That chaps really work as they should.  Cutting on a side hill made a bad step and started to fall and couldn't set the chain brake and caught my chaps right at my calf. If not wearing full wraps I would have got my leg good.  Have been wearing them everyday and will continue to. Stay safe!
Keenan Logging & Tree Care, LLC

Ianab

Actually I think you found out the easy way. The chaps paid for themselves.

The hard way would be if you didn't have them on, and where typing from your hospital bed.  ;)

I've never cut into mine, but I've had some minor kickbacks and stumbles that came close enough to remind me why I'm wearing them...  :-\
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

Woodboogah

True.  The easy way for sure.  100$ I will never complain about spending
Keenan Logging & Tree Care, LLC

jdament

You know it.  Chaps are a lot cheaper than a ER bill. The scar on my knee is a good reminder to put them on.

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Southside

Glad to hear it worked out.  I consider it a bonus they allow me to barrel through briars too!!
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Ken

Chaps or safety pants as well as helmet and eye protection are an essential part of a manual loggers attire.  I've been cut badly with a saw and it is no fun.  Glad you dodged a bullet.
Lots of toys for working in the bush

luvmexfood

This doesn't involve chaps but will tell it anyway. Had a load of logs pulled out and bucked. Just standing there figuring which one to load first. Had taken my hard hat off and was standing right under a black walnut tree. Slight breeze blowing and a big green walnut fell right beside me. Missed me but if that had hit me on the head from the height it fell it sure would have hurt.

Give me a new saw chain and I can find you a rock in a heartbeat.

Thank You Sponsors!