iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Pinch me to make sure I am not dreaming- Its to good to be true!

Started by Busy Beaver Lumber, September 22, 2013, 09:36:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

beenthere

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

WH_Conley

I usually don't watch much of it, but, I did last night. The wife and daughter were filling me in on how it worked. I think the series they just started is for 2014. I guess they run like new cars, a few months early. I know they finished one up just a few months back. Reckon we will just have to watch and find out.
Bill

Warbird

BT:  The "2014 season" (aka. Season 5 of The Voice) just started.  Premiere was last night.

Ron Wenrich

I'm thinking the Voice doesn't show all the blind auditions.  I haven't watched the show too much, but I believe there are some that show up later in the show that they didn't show auditions for.  Maybe someone who is a regular viewer could set me straight.
Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Jeff

You are right. They don't show all of them, some they just highlight.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

clww

Get her to wear a Forestry Forum ball cap! That'll make her easy to see for the rest of us. :D
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Busy Beaver Lumber

Thank you all for the good wishes. Mrs. Beaver and I are very excited. I am told her episodes dont start airing until February of 2014. Thats about all I know. It could not happen to a nicer person. I am her step Dad since she was 6 years old. She has always been fantastic with me and showed me a lot of love and unconditional acceptance. Mrs. Beaver goes to quite a few doctor appointments and there are days that she is not well enough to safely drive. Karie is always there to help Mom make her appointments and pick up her meds. She has saved me many a hour of lost work time by always being there to assist her Mom.

At about age 12, she started to draw and paint and I could not believe my eyes. She was gifted and could do everything from sketches to oil paintings. Her works of art looked so realistic and looked like they were done by an adult with many years of formal training and experience. A few times she listed some of her painting on craigslist and most times they sold in a few days and for fairly decent money. Unfortunately, promoting art as a career is not something that I am well versed at, nor do I personally know the right people to mentor her in such matters.

Hopefully if she does well at this it may open some doors for her and at least get her access to the right people to foward her artistic or vocal talents.
Woodmizer LT-10 10hp
Epilog Mini 18 Laser Engraver with rotary axis
Digital Wood Carver CNC Machine
6 x 10 dump trailer
Grizzly 15in Spiral Cut Surface Planer
Grizzly 6in Spiral Cut Joiner
Twister Firewood Bundler
Jet 10-20 Drum Sander
Jet Bandsaw

Save a tree...eat a beaver!

Busy Beaver Lumber

Quick update....She competed live on stage in Texas last week and advanced. Next she goes out to CA for a few weeks beginning sometime mid October. Boy are we getting excited and she is loving every minute of it.
Woodmizer LT-10 10hp
6 x 10 dump trailer
Twister Firewood Bundler
Jet 10-20 Drum Sander
Jet Bandsaw

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

mesquite buckeye

Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

sandhills

Thanks for the update, since you brought this up my daughter and her step mom haven't missed an episode, they're really getting into this show!  Please tell her best of luck for us, it's too bad the forestry forum can't be part of the voting  :D.

Busy Beaver Lumber

She was flow to LA, and treated like royalty by the staff. These people are class all the way. They set her up with personal assistant and took them for tour of Rodeo drive. Once again she competed and advanced. Yesterday she told Mrs. Beaver and I to pack our bags because they will be flying the two of us out to LA with her round trip beginning some time in January and for each and every week she advances from that point on. That alone will be a big thrill for me. Never been further west than Illinois. Wife has been to CA but I have not.

Also, cant wait to meet Blake Shelton. Love his music. Same with Adam levine and CHristina Agulara. THey are awesome as well.
Woodmizer LT-10 10hp
6 x 10 dump trailer
Twister Firewood Bundler
Jet 10-20 Drum Sander
Jet Bandsaw

Magicman

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

redbeard

Whidbey Woodworks and Custom Milling  2019 Cooks AC 3662T High production band mill and a Hud-son 60 Diesel wide cut bandmill  JD 2240 50hp Tractor with 145 loader IR 1044 all terrain fork lift  Cooks sharp

thecfarm

I don't watch much TV,but when she is on,I might be watching.  ;D My way of saying,I am glad for her. Good luck to her.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

john_bud

280 acres of tree farm

sharkey

Very special!  Could this open the door for her to become a recording artist?

gspren

Will she be on the show we are watching now or next year? We want to make sure we see her so when will her appearance be shown?
Stihl 041, 044 & 261, Kubota 400 RTV, Kubota BX 2670, Ferris Zero turn

samandothers

This is very cool. I had never watched the show until your tread.  I had to seek it out.  I really enjoy the people singing on the show.  She must be very talented.  Congratulations!

sandhills

Great news!  I know we're all anxiously waiting, and yes even I have gotten into the show since this thread came about  ;D

Ron Wenrich

Just curious if this is the season your daughter in on the Voice.  It's started tonight.
Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Holmes

Think like a farmer.

Red Good

Wow ! Wish her the best and enjoy all the attention you guys get . Red
Stihl 211C saw
Massey 135 deisel tractor with a front loader
Can Am 800 max quad
2001 Chev S10 pick me up
Home made log arch

sandhills

Jeff

Just watched a couple do an awesome duet together on there. Looks like there is going to be some amazing talent this season. :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Thank You Sponsors!