iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

A day cutting wood

Started by Peter Drouin, May 01, 2012, 08:49:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thecfarm

Quote from: paul case on May 02, 2017, 08:14:01 PM
Well I see ya got a tool in his hand but no evidence of any work since there isnt a log anywhere in that picture?

PC

Well geez Paul,they sawed all the logs and stickered the lumber and than put it away behind them.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

paul case

I guess he did all the work you could expect from a inspector.

PC
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

Peter Drouin

Well I see ya got a tool in his hand but no evidence of any work since there isnt a log anywhere in that picture?

PC

:D :D :D :D  smiley_thumbsup
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

4x4American

Quote from: Peter Drouin on May 02, 2017, 09:09:42 PM

PC

:D :D :D :D smiley_thumbsup

How you know we didn't roll all the logs out of the camera's focus with them pv's. lol
Boy, back in my day..

Peter Drouin

See you made it home ok.   move_it
A&P saw Mill LLC.

4x4American

Yes sir.  My trip meter said 10 hrs, 450ish miles and 14.7 mpg.  I got better fuel mileage on the 70mph speed limit highways.  Did you see my earlier post?
Boy, back in my day..

Magicman

Sounds like a very successful trip, plus the meeting was icing on the cake.   8)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Dakota

4X4American,
I like your truck!
Dave Rinker

redprospector

Quote from: WDH on April 30, 2017, 09:59:19 AM
Quote from: redprospector on April 29, 2017, 01:56:56 PM
One thing I've learned about Construction is that what you call any particular component depends so where you're standing on this globe, and what you're building.

Kinda like common names for trees.
Yep, exactly!
1996 Timber King B-20 with 14' extension, Morgan Mini Scragg Mill, Fastline Band Scragg Mill (project), 1973 JD 440-b skidder, 2008 Bobcat T-320 with buckets, grapple, auger, Tushogg mulching head, etc., 2006 Fecon FTX-90L with Bull Hog 74SS head, 1994 Vermeer 1250 BC Chipper. A bunch of chainsaws.

4x4American

Quote from: Dakota on May 03, 2017, 08:48:05 AM
4X4American,
I like your truck!

Sell it to ya!  lol ain't mine yet...

They did a pretty good job with it I'd say.  The CM bed sho ams purdy
Boy, back in my day..

Bruno of NH

You guys had a party and didn't invite me :(
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

Peter Drouin

No party today, Hydro pump on the Morbark.

<br
Not supposed to be in two pieces.  ::)

Tapered lock not sure how it comes apart,
A&P saw Mill LLC.

paul case

We had one like that on a hay baler. You had to screw bolts down in 2 holes and it pushes it off or was it one?

Did any of them have set screws in them?

PC
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
pc

BigZ La

Peter Drouin

Thanks guys, smiley_thumbsup
I'm off to get a new one. Without the chipper, things will get plugged up. ;D
A&P saw Mill LLC.

jimdad07

Great work, just read through it.  Making me want a WM, but I'll stick with my Hudson.  A more automated mill would be a hard sell at home.
Hudson HFE 30 Homesteader bandmill w/28' of track
Couple tractors, a bunch of chainsaws and not enough time to use them.

paul case

At home was the easiest place to get support for a new mill for me. 3 times.

They had to help me or listen to me gripe about the old so they were all for it.

PC
pc

Peter Drouin

Quote from: paul case on May 03, 2017, 10:27:44 PM

Did any of them have set screws in them?

PC

Has two. I will do as the video.
Have a new one coming Tusday $ 225.00 ship to me, UPS
Did not have time today to pull the pulley apart, with customers, sawing and getting logs moved around, made room for him to unload.
Hemlock, mostly 16's some 12's

Now to get it all scaled before Fridays rain. If I had a long bird house Like Mr Case, I could do it all inside.
;D

A&P saw Mill LLC.

Darrel

If you do it as in the video, you can't be usin' any set screws, you have to use grub screws.  :D

Lots of nice logs you got there.
1992 LT40HD

If I don't pick myself up by my own bootstraps, nobody else will.

paul case

I meant Grub screws, I only called them set screws to see if you would listen to what I mean instead of what I typed. :-\ sorry about that!

I have thought that if my saw shed was only 20' tall them picker trucks could just unload inside :D :D :D :D

I would be thrilled to see a load of logs come in as we sawed out of oak logs today. I think we may have some come in Monday afternoon. The rain we got last Saturday amounted to 8'' and Tuesday night we got another 2'' so getting anything out of the woods is going to be slow and sloppy.

PC
pc

Peter Drouin

Could you not take 20' at a time and lift the roof and walls together and add 10' to the bottom.
A&P saw Mill LLC.

paul case

I have seen that done by high winds before but it all came down at once in a big pile cause there wasnt anyone there to put the extra poles under it. :D :D :D :D ;D

I am like you i have to scale them before I pile them up, so unloading inside would only work if I scaled them before they got hauled here. Most of my logs come from within 20 miles. Some of them I have to buy on the landing so the landowner gets his money before the logs leave. Some of those I haul myself on the gooseneck and some I hire done, it just depends on the situation.

I think if you did build a building ''big enough'' to unload under, someone would come up with another loader that got 2'' too tall to use inside.
PC
pc

Peter Drouin

2" too tall would be my luck.
My problem now is room, two more loads. ::) :D

Some 26' for an order.

A&P saw Mill LLC.

sandsawmill14

show off ::)   just kidding looks like you will be busy for a while :) smiley_thumbsup
hudson 228, lucky knuckleboom,stihl 038 064 441 magnum

longtime lurker

I'm always jealous of the yard pictures... trucks rolling in loaded with logs. Around here the only way to make that happen is do it ourselves. It sure would be nice to just pick up the phone and say "send me". Sad part about being the last mill left standing locally is that when the mills went the contractors went with them.
The quickest way to make a million dollars with a sawmill is to start with two million.

Thank You Sponsors!