iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Office views

Started by Ken, August 22, 2014, 07:09:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ST Ranch

Today my office was the hayfield, turning and then baling second crop of hay. Pretty late in the year and hard to dry with short days and frosty nights.  Got about 12 tons done today and hope for the other 12 tons tomorrow.

HT John - how are things going down your way - last post I saw you had 30 tons of second cut to do?

Tom
LT40G28 with mods,  Komatsu D37E crawler,
873 Bobcat with CWS log grapple,

BargeMonkey

Your running an accumulator or a bale wagon ? We are still trying to get ours finished up down here, dont feel bad.

barbender

Heck of a view, whatever the case ;)
Too many irons in the fire

David-L

ST Ranch,  Very nice views haying. I just cut my last of the 2nd cut yesterday. And yes , we are in the noon to 5pm window here as thats when the dew starts to roll in. that is one flat field for sure. good luck.

David l
In two days from now, tomorrow will be yesterday.

ST Ranch

BM - WE are using a 70 bale new holland bale wagon. It takes the hard work out of putting up small squares - we put up about 10,000 per year.

BB - Yup a great place to work - imagine I get paid to work where many in the world pay to come to vacation - Banff and Waterton AB are both about 3 hours east on the other side of the mtns in the picture.

DL - Thanks for the support, and yes the fields are flat - in the past [early 70's] these fields were actually flood irrigated the old way, now talk about a lot of work.
Tom
LT40G28 with mods,  Komatsu D37E crawler,
873 Bobcat with CWS log grapple,

lopet

Could that be the Okanagon region ?  I have a son out there who's looking to buy some pasture land . He says, it's getting pretty pricey .
My self, I don't miss the haying part, but if you get paid to do it than it's a whole different game. :)
Make sure you know how to fall properly when you fall and as to not hurt anyone around you.
Also remember, it's not the fall what hurts, its the sudden stop. !!

BargeMonkey

Unless its for yourself, and you can sell some on the side without hassle hay isnt worth it around here.  As a kid we had 4- 14T JD bailers in various states of death, it was always something. Now we run a 5575 NH behind a TN 120, getting hit with a bale is like being checked hard off the boards.  :o

Mooseherder

You must of played Hockey. :D

barbender

This isn't beautiful like some of the scenery you guys have been posting, it just happens to be what I've been looking at for the last week ::) Looking back towards the landing...

SliverPicker

Changin' of the Season

I have only seen the sky that color in the U.P. and in Colorado.  Best when looking straight up in to the north.  I call it "Colorado Blue"

Probably the biggest diameter stick I will pull all year.  51' and 41" at the butt.  A redwood by Colorado standards.

Yooper by trade.

barbender

I love the deep blue the sky turns this time of year. Beautiful pictures ;)

SwampDonkey

Wow, our aspen don't change color until mid October, but the hardwoods are colorful right now, just beginning to.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

barbender

I have to do better with the fall color to hang with you guys ;)

chevytaHOE5674

Trees are either bare or just orange around here, not much variation in the color. Sounds like its raining in the woods with how fast the leaves are falling.

barbender

We've had a good fall for color up here.

timberlinetree

Wow those are some nice pic! On the lake other nite

I've met Vets who have lived but still lost their lives... Thank a Vet

Family man and loving it :)

chevytaHOE5674

We had a great fall color season too just our peak was about a week ago. Now its declining quickly.

lopet

My office view this week was , watching the guys out of my truck burying all my hard earned $$.   As we can't keep them anyways, it might be not a bad place to put them, about two and a half  feet in the ground.

Some off them actually went as deep as six feet.  They should be safe  ;D

Make sure you know how to fall properly when you fall and as to not hurt anyone around you.

coxy

I know this is dumb but  ;D what are they burying  is it for water  ???

1270d

barbender

Quote from: 1270d on September 28, 2014, 08:04:29 PM
Drain tile?
That was my guess, too. All I can do is guess, my Ag  k  nowledge  is pretty limited.

Gary_C

Yes, that is drain tile. Most all drain tile is now put in with a tile plow and there is a limit to how deep you can put the tile in with a plow. So in places where you have to go deeper to get drainage, you have to excavate a trench wide enough to run the tile plow machine.

That tile looks pretty big so it is probably a main line. Perhaps a 10 inch line.
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

lopet

Gary is correct, well almost it's a 12inch main.

David-L

Couldn't leave the farm yesterday, to nice out with all the swamp maples burning up. Great color this year.

David l

In two days from now, tomorrow will be yesterday.

Ed_K

My office got a make over.

Ed K

Thank You Sponsors!