iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

GOING RATE FOR ASH ON THE STUMP

Started by bowlblanksandmore, November 14, 2004, 10:34:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bowlblanksandmore

HOW MUCH DO YOU GUYS PAY LAND OWNERS FOR THEIR ASH IF YOU HAVE TO DO ALL THE LOGGING AND HAULING? I AM LOOKING FOR PRICES ON TREES THAT ARE STAIGHT AND 12' TO 16' TO THE FIRST BRANCH AND 16" TO 24" IN DIA. I THINK THAT THIS IS EITHER GREEN OR WHITE ASH. I AM LOCATED IN CENTRAL KANSAS.

ALSO, ARE THERE ANY SAWMILLS THAT ARE WILLING TO PAY FOR MULLBERRY OR HONEY LOCUST?

THANK YOU
CRAIG

Buzz-sawyer

welcome to FF!
ash on the stum 8-20 cents
mullberry/locust go as blocking most everywhere.....3-10 cents on the stump.(in southern Illinois)
    HEAR THAT BLADE SING!

Engineer

Well, I dunno about the ash.  I saw all I get for myself.    Too bad you're not closer to me, I'd buy honey locust as fast as you could cut it.

Welcome to the Forum, and please, turn off the CAPS LOCK key.  It makes it look like you're yellin' at us.   ;)

Norm

Not sure about the ash either, not in high demand here. The others are cut for pallet stock, 5-10 cents on the stump.

Too bad your so far away from me Engineer, we have 20 acres of honey locust that needs cleared. I like the wood myself too but hate dealing with the thorns.

Greg

QuoteWell, I dunno about the ash.  I saw all I get for myself.    Too bad you're not closer to me, I'd buy honey locust as fast as you could cut it.

Welcome to the Forum, and please, turn off the CAPS LOCK key.  It makes it look like you're yellin' at us.   ;)

What do use the honey locust for?

Does it have the same rot resistant qualities as black locust?

Thanks,
Greg

bowlblanksandmore

Thank you all for your replies this gives me a better idea of how much to offer land owners for their timber. At this point I just buy a tree here and there to cut up and sell to wood turners.

If anyone else has some more stumpage rates let me know.

I am also interested in osage orange, cherry,  spalted sycamore, hackberry, and any spalted or ambrosia maple.

If I could buy spalted or ambrosia logs straight from loggers would they want more for them than normal or would they be happy just to find a buyer?

Thank you
Craig

SwampDonkey

Your rates are similar as ours, 90 - 150 per thousand (9 - 15 cents per foot) for ash. The pulp is $10-20 a metric tonne or $9-$18 a short ton depends on markets and land conditions and haul distance. CDN $$
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

AtLast

Honey Locust makes GRREAT fence posts....farmers love the stuff

Buzz-sawyer

You sure you dont mean BLACK locust.....here honey rots in a year............... :)
    HEAR THAT BLADE SING!

Thank You Sponsors!