iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Need help on materials list to start a Linn mill

Started by Berggie, November 18, 2011, 07:21:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berggie

EBC
      Your design  is the one I saw but could not find it twice. I would love more design details, if you wouldn't mind me using it.
Home built/modified Linn 1900, Dolmar saw, farmall H with loader. Log rite.

eastberkshirecustoms

Not a problem at all. Of course, you will have to modify it to your width frame and liking. I will attach a few of the scanned drawings so you can get more of an idea of the workings. My scanner won't cover the entire page. I have the files on disc somewhere???? I just can't find it right now in all my clutter. With the disc I'll be able to upload the complete drawings, with details, if you would like them... One thing I have changed is the dog tip. It is more like Cook's clamp now- flat stock with a bevel, which offers a wider clamping surface without piecing holes in the cant like the spike . EBC

Berggie

Thanks EBC,
         If you do come across the disk would you sent it to my email, it is in my profile.

ForestMan

There is nothing like the natural beauty of wood.

Coon

That clamping system looks pretty good.  Looks like it could be adapted to fit my Norwood Lumbermate 2000 pretty easily.  Could you send me a set of your plans to have a look at too.  My email is in my profile.
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

customsawyer

Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

qbilder

I have a Linn 1900 & love it. Last week I sawed a 30"x10' cherry into bar slabs. It hogged through it without any trouble. I usually use it to quarter saw smaller hard maple logs, so never get to use it to it's potential much. It's fun when I can. It's rated to cut through a 30" log but my mill had room to spare. I think I could have done 32". Will post a pic when momma uploads the memory card. 
God bless our troops

Berggie

qbilder,
          what HP engine do you have? I would love to see the pictures.
I have all my metal for head rig and will start fab this week end. 8)

qbilder

Quote from: Berggie on November 29, 2011, 09:54:21 PM
qbilder,
          what HP engine do you have? I would love to see the pictures.
I have all my metal for head rig and will start fab this week end. 8)

16hp electric start. The 18 or 20 they offer now look really nice, but I can't really believe they would cut much better than my 16. The clutch slips before the motor bogs. I cut the 30" cherry through center & had to slow down because of the clutch, but not much. I use 7 deg. WM blades.     
God bless our troops

Thank You Sponsors!