iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New member!!

Started by parrisw, March 04, 2006, 02:36:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

parrisw

Hey, I am a new member here, I just picked up a used Saw, its a Walkerized 288XP, its a great saw, with loads of power.  I am new here but not new to saws, this saw replaced my old saw I got from my dad, it was an old 2100 series I think Husky 65, talk about night a day with the power compared between the two.  I am just a weekender wood cutter, I use it for firewood.

Texas Ranger

Welcom aboard, room enough for all.  The real folks that run this lash up will be along as soon as they dig out.  Till then, tell us about yourself by filling out a bit about yourself by clicking on your name in a post. 
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

parrisw

Oh, ok, I will fill out my profile, but here is a bit.

I live in Victoria BC, Canada.
I am a auto mechanic by trade,
hobbies include, cutting wood, and flying RC/Helicopters, and doing aerial Photography from my RC/Heli.

Jeff

Welcome to the Forestry Forum parrisw I think the helicoptor sounds like great fun. One of our members on here was building a large RC airboat using a weedwacker engine for power.

https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php?topic=9103.0

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

isassi

Hmmmmm....RC/ photography???...the camara must be tiny or the RC is a big one.  :D   Welcome to the forum.

thecfarm

Atta boy,we like to know about ours members.  :D Welcome. Come back often and post.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

sawguy21

We are almost neighbours ;D Welcome and pull up a stump.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Onthesauk

Welcome Parrisw.  I'm a ways to the SE of you but listen to your FM radio station, the only one we get back here in the mountains.
John Deere 3038E
Sukuki LT-F500

Don't attribute irritating behavior to malevolence when mere stupidity will suffice as an explanation.

parrisw

Ya the Helicopters are fun, I had for a while a Gasser heli, that uses basicly a chainsaw engine, but they are purpose built to run in a heli, it was a 23cc, ran it on white gas and amsoil.  The photography I use a sony 5mp digicam, when I figure out how to post some pics I will post some I have done, heck maybe next time I got get some wood I will do some aerial photos of it. ;D ;D ;D, wish I took some pics the last time I was out, pulled a big tree out of a ditch which was full of blackberries, hooked a choker to it and a long chain, hooked to my truck and yanked her out, was a biggie.  Finally rented a woodsplitter yesterday with a friend from work and we split wood 10hours straight, needless to say we split allot of wood.

parrisw

Well, I was going to upload some pics, but the size limit is 30k, but my average pic size is 1.5mb.  Look in my gallery here on a R/C forum, you can see some of my pics there.

(photos must be on forestry forum server)

click on the images in the gallery will get you bigger ones.

Thanks

Will

beenthere

We all start out with pics that are much larger than 30kb.
Go to "Behind the Forum" after clicking on the 'Home" button above. There you will find "How to post Pics" and be able to conquer the problem.  :)

The idea is to first re-size the pic to no more than 400 pixels on the longest side, then save them to a file size less than 30kb. If you try the reverse, then the pic will be small and cloudy.  Posting pics is like an initiation to the FF, and one we all have been challenged with, but eventually overcome. Linking off-site doesn't get many brownie points.  :D ;D  But those are some great pics to look at.  :)

Welcome to the forum. :)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

parrisw

Ya, I know how to resize and such to get it to 30k, but after that it doesn't to the pictures any justice!! Sorry about offsite, I know it isn't the greatest but you will get to see a much better quality pic.  I just rather not go throug all my pics and spent the time to resize them, I already spend allot of time doing the pics, from capturing them to editing them to make them better.  And they don't really relate to this forum, if I get pics that do relate I will get them posted here.  Thanks again and sorry for the offsite link.

Will

parrisw

First try at posting a pic, I do it all the time on another forum, but this one is a bit different hope it works, this is wood me and another guy split yesterday, and that pile wasn't even half of what we split in one day.

Tom

DanG!  That's a pile of firewood.. 8)

kenskip1

Welcom to the group!  I live in central Texas and enjoy listening to 107.3 from Victoria.  Go to     http://www.mikesradioworld.com/
As to the wood split, do you deliver? I wish to place a take out order! I used to do this all with a maul!  Many wonderful experts here on this site. I understand that you have some really good Beer. Stay warm and dry. Ken
Stihl The One
Stihl Going Strong
Stihl Looking For The Fountain of Middle Age

parrisw

Beer now your talking, yes Canadian beer is great, espicially here on Vancouver Island, we have many micro breweries around here, the main one is Vancouver Island brewery, thats what I usually get.  Yes I always did it with a maul up until last year when we discovered I could rent a hydraulic splitter for $55 a day, makes short work of the wood.  Now I am thinking of building my own to have.  Hmm I think your a little far away to deliver.  Ya 107.3 is pretty good, I usually listen to Jack FM, 103.1 you can get that on the internet as well, check it out.

Thank You Sponsors!