iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

farmi winch

Started by talldog, February 02, 2023, 11:19:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

talldog

I have an older Farmi winch. I believe it's a 306. All of a sudden it won't disengage unless I turn the PTO off. Can't pull out any cable un less I hook it to an imovable object. When I drive the tractor ahead, the pto turns backward as the cable pulls out. Could this be the clutch? I'm open for suggestions

moodnacreek

The clutch or some debris in the clutch i want to say because there is nothing else in there.

beenthere

Yup, time to dive into it to locate the problem. Post up some pics so others can learn about it as well. 
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

EricR

I'm not familiar with that model, but on the newer ones you can adjust the clutch. It would seem that with age you would have to tighten it rather then loosen but maybe.  If it sat for a while I guess it's possible it could stick.

Hilltop366

If it is the kind with three rollers or rods in-between two round surfaces to apply the clutch (it looks like it is in this parts list link) when the clutch is not adjusted enough there can be too much space in between two round parts (#37 & 31) and the rods/rollers (#33) can jam in the engaged position or drop out of place and keep the clutch engaged. Another possible cause can be the friction disc (#7) can move or brake and jam the sprocket and drum together.

Thank You Sponsors!