iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Log Dogs?

Started by Bullheaded, November 17, 2022, 10:21:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bullheaded

Anyone have a link to the guy making the welded up pointy log dogs for scribing and blocking round logs? I need a couple sets.
Be thankful for every new day.

Bullheaded

No-one has a source for these? 

barbender

Check Schroeder's Log Home Supply.
Too many irons in the fire

barbender

Satamax

Or were you thinking about this type? 

log dogs - Google Search
French CD4 sawmill. Latil TL 73. Self moving hydraulic crane. Iveco daily 4x4 lwb dead as of 06/2020. Replaced by a Brimont TL80 CSA.

barbender

They both have their place in a log yard.

Bullheaded

Thank you, that is what I was looking for.

scsmith42

Gee, when I read the title I thought that you were interested in this type of "log dog"   :D

Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

Walnut Beast

Love that picture 👍

Crossroads

That's a big log dog......
With the right fulcrum and enough leverage, you can move the world!

2017 LT40 wide, BMS250 and BMT250,036 stihl, 2001 Dodge 3500 5.9 Cummins, l8000 Ford dump truck, hr16 Terex excavator, Valley je 2x24 edger, Gehl ctl65 skid steer, JD350c dozer

Daburner87

How do you use these exactly?
HM130Max Woodlander XL

barbender

The long type have chisel shaped ends, at 90° to each other. This is so they can be driven into the 2 alternating logs being worked at a corner notch, and both legs can be driven in with the grain. 

The other type, which I prefer, just sit on top of the log that is being notched over. They can be oriented with the points facing away from the log being worked, so that you can turn the log. Or you can turn the point on one toward the log, so that once you get it turned to the place you want it won't roll back. You can turn both points in to lock the log in place.

Thank You Sponsors!