iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

taking apart stihl 34 handle

Started by sbishop, March 23, 2006, 05:33:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sbishop

hi, I notice when I start my saw cold that when I set the choke on and throttle is on a little bit....that the throttle is no longer on a little bit. it makes for a lot of cranking....but once it starts its good to go!

I was wonder if any has taken the handle apart on the saw? i'm able to pry the top part but the bottom part doesn't seem to want to come loose.

any suggestions? thanks

Steve

simonmeridew

my Stihl 34 is made to be on a high idle when the choke is engaged. You choke it, pull it through 5 times(always) and on the last pull it fires just a bit but doesn't start. move the lever up off choke one click, and pull it through and it starts every time, still on high idle. Bump the throttle once and it kicks off high idle and purrs. It's made to do that sequence I'm told.
simonmeridew
Kubota L4400, Farmi 351

sbishop

thanks for  the reply...after looking at the saw again in the wee hours(could not sleep) I saw there is a screw under the saw....got the handle apart and there was a broken piece on the shaft that holds the throttle on when the choke is engaged...swap out the part from my parts saw...away she went on the first pull...

I tried it again this morning, second pull she jump, switch it to the next notch...next pull away she went...love the 034's!!!!

Sbishop

Thank You Sponsors!