iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Another project

Started by customsawyer, February 06, 2016, 08:30:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

4x4American

MM how do you link to a certain reply like that?  Good lord willing and the creek don't rise, 18
Boy, back in my day..

Magicman

I went to that Reply #7 and clicked on the title which gave me the proper url.  I then pasted that link like this:

[url=https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php/topic,88547.msg1359477.html#msg1359477]LINK[/url]

I use the little "Insert Hyperlink" tool above.  It is on the bottom row, third from the left.  Mouse over it and it will identify itself.  I generally type "LINK" between the ]LINK[ but you could type anything.  Don't forget to put the = before your selected url.  It's a bit hard to type the instructions out because as soon as you do, the codes make stuff happen.  You want it to look like what is between the two lines above.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Andries

Quote from: WDH on February 10, 2016, 08:42:54 PM
Andries,
That is a less long haul for you and Teea for sure, up to the less sunny South.   ;D
All things are relative  ;).
You hit the bullseye Danny. It is relatives.
We fly South to Orlando/Sebring in the spring to close up my in-laws winter house.
Snowbirds, eh? (old Canadian saying)
Then we drive their car North, while they fly back to Winnipeg, MB.
I like the trip - and I always take the LONG way home!  ;D
LT40G25
Ford 545D loader
Stihl chainsaws

jmouton

all i know ,it better be warm down there in april,, its friggen cold today 10  and wind chill around -5 ,,need some warm weather ,  we milled sat with the same temp,,

jim
lt-40 wide ,,bobcat,sterling tandem flatbed log truck,10 ton trailer, stihl 075,041,029,066,and a 2017 f-350,oh and an edger

4x4American

lol Jim I have cousins near Jake and their predicted low for tonight is 45 ours here in yew nork is -11 I think we'll be okay haha. Looks like there'll be a few northern folks there this go round.  Good Lord willin and the creek don't rise
Boy, back in my day..

4x4American

twas planning to bring some snow with me so we can have a snowball fight  :snowball:
Boy, back in my day..

Andries

We just had ten days of snow and high winds. -41 wind chill.
This coming up week we've got forecasts for plus (33 degrees!) temps and even some rain.
Somebody's playing with the BIG thermostat !
4X4 - bring the snow. I'm hoping we won't have any left by April.  8)
LT40G25
Ford 545D loader
Stihl chainsaws

terrifictimbersllc

Quote from: 4x4American on February 10, 2016, 09:56:45 PM
MM how do you link to a certain reply like that?  Good lord willing and the creek don't rise, 18
Hey 4x4, how you getting there?
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

4x4American

or a rental car, depending on what the Blue Bomber is lacking closer to the date lol
Boy, back in my day..

customsawyer

Was thinking about having my hired help meet me at my mill at the house Friday morning, April 15. If you guys are interested we could do a sawing demo on some pine that morning. Last year we did a couple of pine logs but we never got to show getting any production. I was hoping to put a couple of not so pretty logs and show some tricks on how to get some of the better lumber out of them. Let me know what you guys think.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Sixacresand

Hope to be there for the Friday AM demo.  Thanks for the invite.
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

plowboyswr

Quote from: customsawyer on February 16, 2016, 02:02:05 AM
Was thinking about having my hired help meet me at my mill at the house Friday morning, April 15. If you guys are interested we could do a sawing demo on some pine that morning. Last year we did a couple of pine logs but we never got to show getting any production. I was hoping to put a couple of not so pretty logs and show some tricks on how to get some of the better lumber out of them. Let me know what you guys think.
Hopefully this can be video taped and uploaded so those of us who can't make it can see it.  ;D ;D
Just an ole farm boy takin one day at a time.
Steve

4x4American

Sounds great Jake I can bring some EWP logs I have a bunch of 8' fresh cut that are small and low grade.  Lemme know if you want em
Boy, back in my day..

grweldon

Last I saw, Andries and Teea brought the count to 20, then 4x4 American said he was 18 after that.  If I'm not losing my mind, which is certainly possible, 4x4 would make 21.

Me and my guest will bring the count to 23...
My three favorite documents: The Holy Bible, The Declaration of Independence and The Constitution of the United States.

4x4American

I see what happened, I didn't turn the pag before I hit reply.  I only read to the end of page 1...
Boy, back in my day..

fishpharmer

Very much want to go (Friday)...there is a slim chance Brooke and I can be there before mid day Saturday.
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

wildbill

I am a hopeful 24, if you guys dont mind babysitting raider bills kid
Raider Bill's favorite son

Sixacresand

I like the video idea for the guys that cannot make the trip.
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

jmouton

we are hoping to get there befor noon on fri,,  so  lets cut some ugly logs ,,,

jim
lt-40 wide ,,bobcat,sterling tandem flatbed log truck,10 ton trailer, stihl 075,041,029,066,and a 2017 f-350,oh and an edger

GeneWengert-WoodDoc

Gene - Author of articles in Sawmill & Woodlot and books: Drying Hardwood Lumber; VA Tech Solar Kiln; Sawing Edging & Trimming Hardwood Lumber. And more

Magicman

We are planning to be 26 & 27.   move_it
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

customsawyer

Didn't you already count yourself in at reply #16?  ;)
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

LeeB

I hadn't even seen this newer thread. MAke Lindy and I 26 and 27.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Magicman

Oh my Jake, I surely did, but we will let Lee and Lindy take our "extra" spots any day.  Don't know if I can't count or remember.   smiley_dizzy

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Magicman on March 06, 2016, 02:56:20 PM
Don't know if I can't count or remember.   smiley_dizzy

You can't remember, you can count on that.  :D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Thank You Sponsors!