iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Popcorn

Started by chet, August 31, 2004, 08:08:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chet

Got me one of dem old fashioned new fangled heat over da stove crank style popcorn poppers.   8)   Fresh popcorn, a cold one and da forum, eh life is good.
Not sure if my mouse likes all da butter, it seems to be gittin' a little slippery.  ;D
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

Jeff

Do they sel Jiffy Pop anymore?  It sure was cool seeing that foil puff up even if the popcorn did burn everytime. :D
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

DanG

DanG yer hide, Chet!  You made me go dig out a sack of that neucrowave stuff. I et the whole thing. Ya know what that is, don'tcha? Its just whole grain grits. Thats what makes it so good.   ;D
I'll be spittin' out them little husk things for 2 or 3 days! :-/
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Fla._Deadheader

Right on, DanG. I don't unnerstand them Yankees. They eat Grits-on-A-stick all the time.   (on the cob).  ;D :D :D
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Woodcarver

I just had a crown put on a tooth I broke eating popcorn.  Told the dentist I wasn't going to bite any more old maids.  :) :)
Just an old dog learning new tricks.......Woodcarver

Patty

We've gone full circle on the popcorn here at our house. Years ago we popped it on the stove in a big pan, then Jiffy came along, followed by the air poppers, microwave poppers and such Got so I didn't even like popcorn. Recently I went back to popping it on the stove, WOW  8) it tastes the way popcorn ought to taste again.  :)  
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

Roxie

In our neighborhood, the Amish pop it on the stove and then caramalize it to give as gifts for the holidays.  Last Christmas, my fella was the recipient of such a gift, and foolishly left it in my kitchen pantry.  I had several days of enjoying a few pieces, when one night I was gripped by a horrific pain in my side.  Really horrific...the go to the emergency room kind of pain.  I found out that there are kind of pouches in some peoples intestines and they can't EAT popcorn.   :)  Who would have guessed it?  When my boyfriend got to the emergency room, his only words were, "where'd ya get the popcorn?"   :D
Say when

old3dogg

Jeff.
My wife and kids just informed me that yep!
They still make Jiffy Pop.
I like our old camp fire pop corn popper.Best pop corn ever.

Jeff

The best popcorn I can remember I sold as a boy scout. It came with a packet of oil to cook it in. cocoa butter oil or something like that as I remember. It was a divided packet, popcorn on one side, and this brown crisco textured oil on the other.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

old3dogg

My fav is to pop it over a wood fire in butter and than sprinkle a lot of salt and a little garlic salt over it.
Real butter taste the best.

Corley5

Zach and I have been using an old electric crank type popper.  Works great and makes super good popcorn.  We had an air popper at home when I was a kid and at the time it seemed like good popcorn.  Musta been the novelty of it.  The last time I had air popped corn it seemed chewy.  Popcorn at the movie theater is still my.
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Cedarman

80 per cent of my extra weight is because of popcorn. It has to be the food of the gods. I have had it all. The best is to use a Monon stir popper with Orville's oil.  I put about 1/4 stick of butter in the microwave  and heat until real melted. As soon as it quits popping, kill the fire and poor into a ceramic bowl. Pour 1/2 the butter on in spiral motion towards the center, shake a good dose of Reese's butter flavored fine ground pop corn salt on.  Then kind of shake the bowl to get the bottom corn on top. ( Hard to describe how to do it). Pour the last 1/2 of the butter on, salt. And dig in. Sometimes if I made a huge batch and didn't eat it all that evening, it is amazing how good it tastes the next morning.  Oh! man I love popcorn!
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

OneWithWood

Cedarman, I do the same thing except I sub parmisian cheese for the salt.  Hmmmmm
Only prob is all that butter on the remote :D
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

Cedarman

Say, OneWithWood, since you aren't too far north of me you probably watch a little basketball a few months from now. There's nothing better than a little popcorn with a Big Ten ball game on TV. I need to be a little careful here as you might be an IU fan. We might have to get together and share a bowl. That is if you share and you watch a little ball.

OneWithWood

I've been known to watch a game or three.  Can't watch a game without the corn and a cold beverage or two.  Yeah, I would admit to being a IU fan :D
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

Cedarman

When IU plays PU it might take a cold beverage or two to keep things from getting too hot.

Thank You Sponsors!