iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

OT Looking for sensor locations on a 93 GM Jimmy

Started by Modat22, October 29, 2006, 08:26:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Modat22

I picked up a 93 Jimmy that took a hit in the front end and I'm trying to tie down a few things. Well actually 2 things, I have a couple sensors I can't place that where disconnected before I got the truck.

Anyone know of a web site or a good manual that would have this information in it? I bought a haynes manual and I'm a bit peeved at the lack of information in it.

Hmm another thought I had, is if anyone has a 93 Jimmy with a 4.3 vortec multi port efi let me know, I'll post a couple photos and perhaps someone can give me a clue.

Thanks guys sorry about the off topic post.
Sam
remember man that thy are dust.

Furby

Modat22

I tried the autozone online manuals with very little luck on this truck.
Thanks for the link though

Furby

Modat22

Thats the funny part. I have no idea. I have a socket sittin on top of the motor with the broken off electrical connector from some sensor and I have a soldnoid valve sitting up there too thats not connected to anything.

Basically those are the only two things I can't track down.

Furby

Are you pretty sure they are from that truck?
Does it run ok?

thecfarm

Have you got a used car dealer with one of them on the lot?I would stop in and ask.Just tell them what you need and you're not interested in buying.And say Thank-You when you are done.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Modat22

I've kept my eyes open for another like it around with no luck. Even thought of looking in parking lots (not my favorite choice).

Furby. Yep its from this truck and whatever it is won't allow my fuel enjectors to fire.

Furby

You did turn the fuel cut off/saftey switch back on right?
It can trip after a crash.

I guess what I'm asking is wether you have fuel at the engine.

Modat22

I have fuel pressure at the engine to the sum of about 30 plus psi. The injectors aren't receiving the drive impulses. I can run the engine by squirting fuel into the air intake.

I'm pretty sure one of those wire connectors I mentioned is causing my trouble.

breederman

You could try automotiveforums.com I have found some info there to keep my old Geo tracke woods mobile running.  They have seperate forums for each model vehicle.
Together we got this !

ScottAR

Scott
"There is much that I need to do, even more that I want to do, and even less that I can do."
[Magicman]

moosehunter

Modat22,
I sent you a pm. I also need to know if the 8th digit of the vin is a W or Z.
I probubly can help you out.
mh
"And the days that I keep my gratitude
Higher than my expectations
Well, I have really good days".    Ray Wylie Hubbard

Modat22

Here's a photo of my next project.

Here's one of the connectors that still has a piece of broken something in the socket. I can't find anything that this hooks too. INcluding the intake plumbing.

Heres the other, it is some sort of vacuum valve with one hose.

Heres how you connect a radiator from a ford f150 to a GM without worrying about the built in engine oil cooler.

Actually I got this beast running today after going thru all the wiring. Those two items are still disconnected but it still allows the engine to run. I need to buy a water pump, the original pump had the impeller driven thru the back of the pump causing a bit of a leak.

Moosehunter the 8th digit is a W.

Thanks everyone
Sam

VA-Sawyer

Yea, the intake gave it away as being a 'W' engine code. Is the solenoid you asked about on the passenger side, front top of the engine ? Mounted at an angle ? That is a fancy EGR valve. It has 4 or 5 wires in its' plug. I can't see it in the photos cause your hand is in the way.
VA-Sawyer

Modat22

Not sure where it was mounted, its loose. Looks like it might have been mounted on the passenger side fender at one time.

VA-Sawyer

Went and pulled my book, Shirley had a '93 Astro van with that dang CPI (Central Port Injection ) code 'W' engine. The Linear EGR valve bolts on the intake manifold with 2 or 3 ,can't remember for sure, bolts. There is also a MAP sensor on the front top of the engine, but it is more on the drivers side.
The only thing my book shows on the far right side near the fender is the fuel pump relay and the Fuel Pump test connector.
Have you tried putting the jumper in the ALDL plug and seeing which codes are set?
VA-Sawyer

Modat22

little update, the one broken connector in the pictures is from the AC compressor clutch and the other one is a vacuum switch that connects to the vacuum resevour.

I drove the beast around alot last weekend and it actually runs pretty well. I'm hoping to get the 4x4 working and perhaps use it to move logs around and to my mill. The gator while pretty tough has trouble with logs around the 25 inch dia 14' or longer on the log arch.

Thank You Sponsors!