iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Looking for someone who has a Wood Mizer close to Panama City Florida

Started by wewacountryboy, February 03, 2010, 05:00:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wewacountryboy

I'm looking to trade up my Baker 18m for a larger hydraulic mill. My little Baker is a great mill that has paid for its self over and over, but I'm thinking about going with a Wood Mizer LT40. I have found a 2006 LT40HDD51 with the cat diesel with 0nly 258 hours. From the pictures, it looks new.The asking price is $22,500 which is a good deal from what other mills I have found. I just don't want to send a $1000.00 deposit with out being showed the pros and cons of this mill. The mill is in CT. I'm still new to sawmilling and learning everyday. If anyone has one of these mills within a 100 miles of Panama City, Florida, and does not mind showing me their mill, I would be very greatful! Thanks for any help or input. Jonathan
Jonathan Hanson

Papa1stuff

There is a Wood Mizer dealer in Mississippi .They would be more than glad to show you and demonstrate mills for you!
1987 PB Grader with forks added to bucket
2--2008 455 Rancher Husky
WM CBN Sharpener & Setter

ljmathias

There are also lots of Woodmizer users/sawyers in Mississippi- I know most would be happy to have you stop by and help tail for a while... :D :D

I live just outside Hattiesburg, MS, which is a pretty good drive for you but I'd be happy to spend as much time as you like looking at and trying out the LT40 I have- hydraulic and with about as many hours (ok, a lot more) than yours but works great.  Mine is not diesel though, and I paid as much for mine with 180 hours when I bought it as you have on offer for one with a diesel.  If I didn't already have one, I'd buy the one you found (friendly competition only  ;) :) )

Lj
LT40, Long tractor with FEL and backhoe, lots of TF tools, beautiful wife of 50 years plus 4 kids, 5 grandsons AND TWO GRANDDAUGHTERS all healthy plus too many ideas and plans and not enough time and energy

Tom

There are quite a few in the panhandle.  Member, woodbowl, in Cottondale, has an old-old one and is still burning up the highways with it.

Call Woodmizer's 800 number and ask them for owners in your area.  They keep a list to help pass customers to mill owners and won't mind telling you who has an LT40 close by.

Magicman

Did you check here:  http://www.sawmill-exchange.com/band4.htm

I didn't see anything close, but item #12603 looked very interesting.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

ARKANSAWYER

If it does not stop snowing here I may hook up mine and come down.
ARKANSAWYER

LeeB

Why the $1000 deposit? I would be a little leary of that unless it is from a dealer.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

wewacountryboy

Why the $1000 deposit? I would be a little leary of that unless it is from a dealer.

Yes it does. I guess he wants to make sure I want it. He did advise that if it was not what I was expecting he would refund it. I'm sure I could get around it, but it will be a few weeks before I can get up to get it. I would really like to find one closer to home, but no luck. I'm looking for a newer machine that has the new feel like the one I bought from thiggy. The seller stated that it has always been stored inside, and the pictures he sent look great. I'm not set yet on buying this particular mill. I'm always looking for a better deal.
Jonathan Hanson

T.J.

weacountryboy,
not tryn' to be nosey but what are ya going to do with the Baker? sell it, sold it, keep it?

wewacountryboy

T.J.

As for now, I'm going to keep it untill I get my new mill. I have a few local people that say they want it.
Jonathan Hanson

Thank You Sponsors!