iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Mack truck, well not really

Started by JB Griffin, March 27, 2018, 10:04:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JB Griffin

Well I bought a truck... well it looks like a truck. Mack (Renault) ms200p. It has something wrong with a back brake and wondering if anyone knows anything? Got the truck in a package deal from my boss with 160 prentice (only thing I was after) and a old slasher.
2000 LT40hyd remote 33hp Kubota with 6gpm hyd unit, 150 Prentice, WM bms250, Suffolk dual tooth setter

Over 3.5million bdft sawn with a Baker Dominator.

mike_belben

Gonna need to be a little more specific bud
Praise The Lord

starmac

Old LT40HD, old log truck, old MM forklift, and several huskies.

JB Griffin

Not sure for sure if their air/hyd or full juice. Bought all the stuff for $2500 soooo.... didn't look the truck over as much as I should have.

Boss said it had a rear brake draggin or hanging up on one side. Trying to get a wrecker to go get it and bring it home, but no dice yet.
2000 LT40hyd remote 33hp Kubota with 6gpm hyd unit, 150 Prentice, WM bms250, Suffolk dual tooth setter

brianJ

Excuse the hijack.   I have a Mack and where do the FF Mack guys get parts?

Satamax

Two of my mates were trying to explain to me about that "tri brakes" I can't remember exactly but these are air and hydraulic. 

Does yours have pneumatic park brake? 

110/150, Fuite air poumon frein parking -
French CD4 sawmill. Latil TL 73. Self moving hydraulic crane. Iveco daily 4x4 lwb dead as of 06/2020. Replaced by a Brimont TL80 CSA.

starmac

Quote from: brianJ on March 29, 2018, 02:35:38 PM
Excuse the hijack.   I have a Mack and where do the FF Mack guys get parts?
That would depend on what parts you need, and what components the truck was built with, just because it has a dog on the hood, doesn't not mean it was built with mack components.

brianJ

Truck has an Eaton Fuller 13 speed transmission and a Mack engine.   The engine is metric.  Everything else is SAE.   I need an EGR cooler right now.

starmac

More than likely, your best bet is a mack dealer.

JB Griffin

Don't think its got air parking brakes. I ain't seen the truck but once and that was about a year ago :D so I ain't sure about much about that truck.

Mainly just fishing for info about um.

JB Griffin

Planning on just fixing it up a little, haul a load or two of logs, pull the bunks off and sell it and buy somethin one can actually buy parts for. International with a dt466 or a Ford with a 7.8 maybe.

starmac

I would wait and see what you have first, chances are it is as easy to get parts for as the binder or ford. You know the tranny and driveline parts can be bought anywhere, There is a good chance the rear is not mack too, if it is air brakes, everything to do with them, including drums can be bought at any truck parts dealer, some napas even handle them, at least one of the napa's here does.

JB Griffin

Starmac your spot on, there ain't nothing mack about this thing and nobody else used the stuff but renault, proprietary they call it ::). Thats about all the internet has to say.

Satamax

Quote from: JB Griffin on March 29, 2018, 10:55:48 PM
Starmac your spot on, there ain't nothing mack about this thing and nobody else used the stuff but renault, proprietary they call it ::). Thats about all the internet has to say.
Well, even here in Renault land, parts for the JP series are starting to get real scarce. Wheel cylinders for example, cost a fortune NOS. From Renault, there's nothing to be bought anymore. Radiators are rare as hen's teeth too. I have a good mate with a JP13, who had the problem. Here it is with my saw on it. 

There is a fair bit of travel blogs about those 4x4 versions of this truck. With plenty of information. Tho, in French mainly! 
French CD4 sawmill. Latil TL 73. Self moving hydraulic crane. Iveco daily 4x4 lwb dead as of 06/2020. Replaced by a Brimont TL80 CSA.

Satamax

JB Griffin, there is some common parts on those. 

Engine is a saviem/M.A.N and gearbox is either a ZF or a saviem. T-case is a soma rockwell. 

Some parts can be found from Framery in France, but cost an arm and a leg! 

JB Griffin

Satamax, that is precisely why I'm gettin shed of it asap.

Satamax

Quote from: JB Griffin on March 30, 2018, 05:51:06 PM
Satamax, that is precisely why I'm gettin shed of it asap.
I completely understand. Only reason to keep it, is if it was badged Renault and a 4x4, which would be completely unusual round your neck of the woods. 
But to work with, what a pain! Finding parts for those is hard'ish already in france. I can't imagine in the usa! 

s grinder

Is it a cab over model MB Mack?A lot of them had air over hyd brakes, if i can remember they had brake cans for emergency brakes.Maybe a chamber is leaking brakes won't release.

Thank You Sponsors!