iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

A senior moment

Started by sawguy21, April 06, 2012, 10:46:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sawguy21

We were watching the news and Karen sez gotta check the chicken, will you set the table? Got up and there was a pan of breaded chicken sitting on the counter beside a hot oven. DOH. She is ready to commit hari kari. :D Guess dinner is delayed by half an hour, what else can we do? It is funny. This after she filled the sink and went onto something else, I spotted the water running across the kitchen floor before any damage done. Is this is what getting older is all about?
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Magicman

There is an old saying; "To be old and wise, first you have to be young and stupid".  I do not know where we fall in this picture.  I have heard that Alzheimer patients "don't know it".  Well I don't so I must have it.   :-\
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Brucer

Heck, I did stuff like that when I was 30. It doesn't go away as you get older :(.
Bruce    LT40HDG28 bandsaw
"Complex problems have simple, easy to understand wrong answers."

GoStumpy

I've had pizza in the oven, timer dinged, opened the oven, pizza still frozen cuz I never turned on the oven, LOL!!

Cedarman

Ever go to the microwave and find something that you had warmed 4 hours ago?
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

Roxie

Happy Birthday, GoStumpy!   8)

My senior moments make me laugh, but there is no doubt the old gray mare ain't what she used to be.  My common occurrence is to get up to get something and forget what I was after on my way.  I stand in the room, looking around, and say, "What in the world?" 

Say when

GoStumpy

Quote from: Cedarman on April 07, 2012, 06:18:18 AM
Ever go to the microwave and find something that you had warmed 4 hours ago?

Haha, I remember going into work and finding my coffee still in the microwave from the day before!   :D

Bibbyman

I just pulled this topic up twice in a row because I'd already forgot I'd read it.

Does that count?
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

sandhills

Happy Birthday GoStumpy!  I can't count how many times I've walked across the yard to the shop and then couldn't figure out what I went there after.  ::)

Patty

It happens even to young folks. Yesterday we had a young man (17 years old) helping us. Lunchtime came so we sent him home for an hour or so. When we got back together he told us he put a frozen pizza in the oven, laid down for a quick nap, and when he got up the pizza was still frozen in the oven....he had forgotten to turn it on.  :D
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

Paul_H

Roy,

I went to heat up lunch at the shop today(Sat) and see a nice piece of apple pie on a plate in the microwave that Ray must have forgotten on thursday.Still smells good so I might have to try a bite. ;D
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

sawguy21

old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

JohnW

Quote from: sawguy21 on April 06, 2012, 10:46:22 PM
Is this is what getting older is all about?
Yes, something like that.  It's really hard to catch on to what is the difference between how I was as a yong man and how I am as an old man.  Like, I should write down everything that's important to remember, but I don't, because it seems seems like everything is going to be so simple to remember.

kenlt30

A nice preacher came to our door talking about church, etc. He asked me if I ever thought about the "hereafter". I said, well Yes, just the other day I went into the backroom and said to myself "what did I come in here after"?

lynches lumber

I must be a senior then cause I seem to be having alot of the moments you guys talk about. Especially with the hereafter stuff. Really had a bad one yesterday while sawing, I was sawing some 2x12's for a header for my drying shed. Mind you, I dont get many logs big enough to get 2x12's out of so I was being careful to get as much other dimensions out of it until I got down to my 12". After slabbing off the bark I was still left with about 18" to saw down to 12". As I was admiring the beautiful 1x18" I was sawing off they seemed liked they were getting better looking with each 1x until I realized I was down to around 10". Oh well I was able to roll it over and get a few 2x12's.

Chuck White

Wait 'til you're dozing in the recliner and the phone rings and you answer it with the remote and you look around to see if anyone was watching!!!!!!  ::)

Don't ask me where I came up with that one!!!  :-[

Someone was watching!!!! :-[ :-[ :-X
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

petefrom bearswamp

Senior moment?
Whats that? ....I forget.
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

blackfoot griz

I can hide my own Easter eggs!

Brucer

Quote from: Chuck White on April 09, 2012, 07:41:32 AM
Wait 'til you're dozing in the recliner and the phone rings and you answer it with the remote ...

I've been caught going over my accounts when the business phone rings and I answer my calculator :D.
Bruce    LT40HDG28 bandsaw
"Complex problems have simple, easy to understand wrong answers."

Cedarman

I pushed the buttons on the phone trying to change channels and wondered why nothing happened.
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

Riggs

I've already done alot of these things and I'm still in my 30's.  :-[
Every man's life ends the same way. It is only the details of how he lived and how he died that distinguish one man from another.~Ernest Hemingway

Norwood ML 26

Coon

Of all the things I lost..... I miss my mind the most...  :D  :D 
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

CHARLIE

After reading this thread.......I feel better now. ;D
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

Bibbyman

To my right are four controllers. One for the TV. Another for Roku  box. Another fot DVD player and yet another for an old VHS / DVD player. Also a cordless phone. It's always a juggle getting the right one in the right order.

When I had a flip phone, I've more than once picked up the Roku controller an put it in my pocket and walked off with it.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

markd

You guys are scarin me!
markd

Thank You Sponsors!