iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Husqvarna 55 value

Started by Restoman, September 02, 2009, 11:23:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

timber tramp

I've been kicking around this forum for awhile now, and I doubt anyone's trying to attack you. Rocky_J  is most likely trying to help. His advice to me has been really helpful.             :) TT
Cause every good story needs a villan!

Ironmower

I was thinkin...... well, on second thought. I'll keep my thoughts to myself.  :-X

Good luck, Restoman.
WM lt35 hd 950 JD

cheyenne

Growing up in a family business it was drumed into my head, If what you are trying to sell, may be worth $ 10,000 dollars but if all you can get for it is a $ 1,000 then thats all its worth. I could never understand that thinking until it was the money coming out of my own pocket. You must remember dealer cost is 50% less of MSRP or less because they buy in volume. Now what is a saw worth that you know nothing about & you have to expect the worst. Thats just good business. Have you ever seen a junkman on welfare. A $ 500.00 saw retail $ 250.00 wholesale or less, used & probley beat for 5 years or whatever, now whats it worth. You decide........Cheyenne
Home of the white buffalo

Restoman

I'm just jerking you guys chains.  I don't feel attacked and I appreciate all of the help you guys have.  The hunt is still on. 

Cut4fun

Quote from: Restoman on September 09, 2009, 10:35:46 PM
These are beginning to sound like personal attacks.  I'm not blaming the saw.  I refuse to sharpen the blade on a saw that will not start reliably.  I know it would have been quicker to have sharpened the chain than it took to get it started first time.  I don't have a file for this size chain.  Let it go man.

I dont care if your using a $99 disposable saw or a $1600 pro saw.  A SHARP CHAIN IS A MUST!

Take $7 get you a 5/32 Oregon file and guide at wally world if you have a 3/8LP chain and sharpen the chain before cutting, then touch up anytime you start to see saw dust instead of chips.

SwampDonkey

You can sharpen those 55's to a point it's taking "almost" too much bite to. Mine just has enough "mmph" to chew up hard maple. You should never have to lean on a saw.  ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

ladylake

Quote from: SwampDonkey on September 11, 2009, 04:42:01 PM
You can sharpen those 55's to a point it's taking "almost" too much bite to. Mine just has enough "mmph" to chew up hard maple. You should never have to lean on a saw.  ;D

Right.   My Husky 55 doesn't like to be worked at all, keep the RPM's up and it cuts  pretty good, load it a little and it falls flat real quick.  You need to use a light touch with a good sharp chain.   Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

Hilltop366

Stopped at the local Husq dealer today, he has the 55 rancher for $449.00 cdn = taxes.

Restoman

Well the search is over, I found a nice 026 from Tennessee.  I have to go get supplies for the saw and then I will try is out.  I need more bar oil, another file, another batch of mixed fuel to last me through autumn.  Some of my equipment drinks that stuff like its a party and others just sip.  You can guess which ones I like.  Thanks to everyone who helped with their advice, it was all taken.

Thank You Sponsors!