iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Help with a dig pattern.

Started by Jeff, June 04, 2023, 04:42:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

Walking out tonight. No deer on opening day, but saw this flipper. Is it flipped?

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Magicman

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

thecfarm

I'm on the no side too on the flipper. ;D
Nice picture!!!
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

SwampDonkey

I've only seen 3 or 4 does all fall. But a neighor did get a buck under the hill below the house here, week ago this past Sunday. Just barely drove down there and bang, all over and done with. :D Deer are pretty sparse in these parts, it's like winning a lotto. :D

Only 3 places around here I would hunt deer as they are where they travel. A couple of those spots nobody hunts. They don't stay in winter near here at all after there is 12+ inches of snow. They will mill around until the snow starts to add up. 
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Jeff

Good morning woodland pond!

Magicman

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Jeff

Not exactly what I expected as spring approaches. Typically there would be feet of snow, and then a lot of run off at breakup. I was expecting to get an overfull pond. Ive gained only a couple inches over the winter. I do love that camera.  It's what's  on T.V. this morning. :)

SwampDonkey

Looks like the same snow cover as we have here. Fields and under softwoods are about bare. Only 3-4" under hardwood and aspen woods. By the end of this week won't be hardly any. All I see forecast is warm and a day here and there of rain. Not seeing any willow out yet, but by next week I will.

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Peter Drouin

Nice pix, Your snow is like mine, just patches around. ffsmiley
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Chuck White

Looking out the window here, then looking at the calendar, wondering why it still says MARCH and not MAY!

No snow anywhere!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

SwampDonkey

Not much left here. Maybe 3-4" at most in the woods with bare patches under spruce canopy.

gspren

I was looking at the Kubota BX with snowblower and thinking I could "probably" take it off  :uhoh: but maybe I'll wait a few more weeks.
Stihl 041, 044 & 261, Kubota 400 RTV, Kubota BX 2670, Ferris Zero turn

thecfarm

Jeff, of all years not to get much snow.  smiley_thumbsdown
We did not get much here either. which is kinda good. The ground is full of water from rain all summer.
The brook was full all winter. 
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Chuck White

I can remember my Dad saying; "Snow is a poor mans fertilizer"!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Jeff

It is. Im sure we will get more yet.

caveman

We've only got an inch or two covering the ground.  Last night we lost power and finally got it back on this afternoon.  The inch or two on the ground is pollen, mostly from live oaks.  Spring has sprung.  We did not have a frost this winter, which is an anomaly.  It has been in the 80's here this week. 
Caveman

Jeff

Tammy has Spring break this week, so we are going up and see the now full pond. I'm pretty sure it is to the overflow, so I want to check that out. I also have a 800 hastas I need untarp. 

These first two picks are a little over a week a part. I'd be very pleased if this is a maintainable water line.  I susspect the rest of the ice will be gone tomorrow.

thecfarm

And no snow. 
We was like that last week. Then a snowstorm left behind about 20 inches.
Have fun!!!

aigheadish

That's a lot of hostas! 

The pond looks great! 

My water level has come up a bit but it's almost like the tides for as quickly as it'll drain. I have been able to keep the aerator on a for a month or so now. I'm already getting algae growth, I noticed last night.
New Holland LB75b, Husqvarna 455 Rancher, Husqvarna GTH52XLS, Hammerhead 250, Honda VTX1300 for now and probably for sale (let me know if you are interested!)

21incher

Looks great. I like the natural color. You going to dye it again , or leave it natural using barley straw ?
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

doc henderson

Nice.  Be sure to wait 30 minutes after eating before you swim.   :wink_2: :uhoh: ffsmiley
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Jeff

Quote from: 21incher on March 27, 2024, 07:26:34 AMLooks great. I like the natural color. You going to dye it again , or leave it natural using barley straw ?
The dye makes a great barrier to algae growth. I'm going to play it by ear this spring. With the dye, it's kinda impossible to witness what is going on in there as to water clarity and such. Tammy likes the color. We shall see.  I hope to be up there later today to really see what is going on. Those cameras just reveal bigger mysteries!  I have no idea if my built overflow is functioning correctly, or if it even up to it yet. Video to come!!

Jeff

Quote from: doc henderson on March 27, 2024, 07:38:03 AMNice.  Be sure to wait 30 minutes after eating before you swim.  :wink_2: :uhoh: ffsmiley
Awe Mom!!!!

Crusarius

I use a dark blue sapphire dye. It makes it look much more natural than the light blue stuff you see everywhere. 

Jeff

Natural depends on where you are at.  Many of the small ponds in this aera have a blue cast, as does lake huron.

Thank You Sponsors!