iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

PUMP SIZE

Started by jerry sundberg, January 07, 2020, 05:43:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jerry sundberg

My pump was installed 10 years ago and I am thinking I'd better get a replacement. The old pump is a Taco but as to what size it is I can't tell as all the writing on the label is gone. So here are the conditions I have. I have Thermo Pex 1" piping 180' to the house and return. For a total of 360'. What size pump should I get?
Farmall  man

ButchC

Hard to say? I am running an 011 in a similar loop, actually mine is a little longer. The 11 motor housing is much larger than the 007s and has cooling fins.  TACO was very good with help to size my pump and they must have done a good job because it is 14 years old and still humming along.
Peterson JP swing mill
Morbark chipper
Shop built firewood processor
Case W11B
Many chainsaws, axes, hatchets,mauls,
Antique tractors and engines, machine shop,wife, dog,,,,,that's about it.

hedgerow

Jerry
I would think you would be running a 0011 on that system. I have two loops coming to my house from the Garn barn and each is 450 feet for a total of 900 feet. On one loop I am running two Taco 0011 one at the Garn barn and one in the basement on the other loop I am running two  Grundfos UPS 26-99FC pumps set up the same way one in the Garn barn and one in the basement. In ten years of running I have had to replace one pump on each loop. Even with that length one pump will still run the loop when one pump failed. Both brands of pumps are priced close don't know is one is better that the other. Both brands are sized real close. 

jerry sundberg

Thanks for the input.
Farmall  man

E Yoder

Some similar models would be Grundfos 2696 and 2699. 0011 Taco. B&G NRF-36.
If it's heating forced air you might get by with a B&G NRF-25.
A picture of the existing pump might help identify it.
HeatMaster dealer in VA.
G7000

thecfarm

Are you buying online? I have a Taco dealer very close by. I know if I took it to him,he could figure out what size it is. 
I need to go get a spare from him. Seem like mine go bad at about a little past noon on a Saturday with temps below zero.  :(
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

jerry sundberg

Here's what I remember from when I bought the pump 10 years' ago. It's a Taco 1" with fins on the motor body.
Farmall  man

hedgerow

Jerry 
What you are describing is a Taco model 0011 they have fins on the motor and the model 007 doesn't. A 007 would be too small for that length of a loop. 

jerry sundberg

Thanks all I appreciate the info.
Farmall  man

Thank You Sponsors!