iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

L200m won't heat

Started by Joe.wilson4, March 17, 2021, 07:31:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe.wilson4

Hey guys. I have never posted before but I have been reading obsessively for the past few years on here and have gained some very good knowledge. So first of all I would like to thank all of you for spreading your wealth of knowledge and experience on here. Secondly... I guess I need some more of your knowledge. I just bought a nyle l200m and have the first load in right now. I started it last night with a set point of 110 for the dry bulb. This afternoon when I checked it was holding at that 110 set mark. A few hours later the temp was at 101 with the controller calling for heat. 2 hours later it was at 98. The first thing I tried was to turn the switch for the heat from auto (on) to off then back on again. I did not hear the load click it usually makes when it turns on. I also checked the fusible link and that seems fine. Any idea why the heat strips wouldn't come on when the controller calls for heat and the heat switch is in the on position? I am out of ideas. Thank you! 

scsmith42

My older L200 has a thermal cutout fuse that occasionally has to be replaced.

Usually it's when I've run the kiln at 160f though for setting the pitch in pine.
Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

K-Guy

Hi Joe 
Stan from Nyle here.
I'll be happy to help you troubleshoot the problem.  Call me tomorrow at 800-777-6953 ext 212. 8-4:30 EST. If you don't get me,  leave me a message and I'll call you back when I can. 
Nyle Service Dept.
A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
- D. Adams

Joe.wilson4

Thank You Sponsors!