iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Compressor reads on even though switch is off during sterilization cycle

Started by RussMaGuss, March 28, 2021, 11:46:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RussMaGuss

So I checked in on my kiln tonight after turning it up to 150 this morning. It was at 140 when I left this evening. I believe I have a problem though, because the control panel switch for the compressor is off (and has been since this morning when DB was 120 and WB was 84-ish), yet the digital screen readout shows that it is on. I am pretty sure that this is what happened last time, during the sterilization cycle and why I had to reset the little red button after I put in a new load. Any ideas? Maybe this wasn't correct, but I left the wet bulb setting where it was and only set the dry bulb to 150. I just assumed with the compressor switch switched off that the WB temp doesn't matter. Hopefully it's just the screen acting weird and I don't have to hit the button again. Thanks for any help,
Russ

WDH

What you see is normal.  The "Compressor on" in the display does not mean that the compressor is actually operating, it indicates that conditions in the kiln based on the dry bulb and wet bulb settings would have the compressor running if the manual switch was turned on.  Since the switch is turned off, the compressor is not running, and you are OK.  This is exactly how all of these units operate.  As long as you have the compressor switched off while sterilizing, the compressor will not operate and you will not trip it when the temp exceeds 133 degrees during sterilization even thought the display reads "Compressor On". 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

RussMaGuss

Ok great, thank you for the peace of mind  :D

Still a mystery to me how it tripped last time, but I'm just gonna go ahead and assume I left the switch on  :)

Thank You Sponsors!