iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The Score Of The Day Thread

Started by mike_belben, December 15, 2021, 09:34:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mike_belben

got a old 5' bush hog today for $150 just needs a touch of torch/hammer/weld.  driveshaft is almost new so i figure i paid full price for the shaft and got the cutter for free. gearbox is good and it suits my old turd tractor pretty nicely.  the next cheapest beat up bush hog within 2 hours was $450 up to $800ish.

lets see what kinda sweet new junk you brought home this week. 
Praise The Lord

Nebraska

barbender

Oh gosh I was afraid Barge started this at first🤦🏻‍♂️😂 Good score on the bush hog👍🏻
Too many irons in the fire

Don P

Well I was feeling all proud of myself for scoring a length of nice lightly used 2" pipe yesterday  :D

aigheadish

My work is getting ready to scrap out some stuff which will include a pneumatic lift and some diamond plate... I'll end up with it assuming I can ever figure out how to get it home. I'll share pictures when I have them. I need a truck.
New Holland LB75b, Husqvarna 455 Rancher, Husqvarna GTH52XLS, Hammerhead 250, Honda VTX1300 for now and probably for sale (let me know if you are interested!)

WV Sawmiller

Mike,

Looks good. I'm going to have to break down and buy me one one of these days. I'm thinking maybe a 4' one because I'd going to be using it on a little JD750 and we have some serious slope in my pasture.

Actually, when I saw the title I was about to comment about the Thread Factory down in Gastonia NC. I bought a lifetime supply of #18 Nylon cord (Miles of it) for $6. :D
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

mike_belben

Quote from: aigheadish on December 16, 2021, 06:26:50 AMmy work ... scrap... I need a truck.
that was a slippery slope for me.  i went from a 1 seater civic work mobile to CDL rigs to move all my "treasure."
:D

been a lot of adventure between now and then. 
Praise The Lord

aigheadish

Yeah, my wife has given me, basically, free reign to hoard once my barn is built so long as she doesn't have to see it, and if I have a truck the slippery slope definitely gets slippery-er. It's amazing how many times I slow down at a trash pile, then groan, as I don't have a way to get some random crap (that I don't really need) home. I can't decide if I need a truck or just a trailer that we can pull behind her vehicle. I'm rolling in a Civic myself and I'm a far piece from getting a CDL, but you never know where life takes you...
New Holland LB75b, Husqvarna 455 Rancher, Husqvarna GTH52XLS, Hammerhead 250, Honda VTX1300 for now and probably for sale (let me know if you are interested!)

HemlockKing

I started hoarding about 5 years ago, after I had a few experiences with failure China parts from Napa I decided quality is circling the drain so best hoard all the OEM used or NOS parts I can.
A1

firefighter ontheside

I bid in auctions often.  Its been a few weeks since I did though.  I'll be sure to come here to show off my latest score.
Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
Stihl 025, MS261 and MS362
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

Southside

Sat for 10 years, took me a year to get it bought. Needs fluids, a couple hoses, pack a few cylinders, couple tires and the extension cylinder. 

Should have done one of those "Will it run?" videos on the Sunday afternoon I spent getting it going. $1K.

Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

sumday

That's a nice score Southside. Looks like the one that was on FB in the Appomattox/Farmville area last year. Stabilizers are sweet too. 
I brought home a free working 50 gallon water heater yesterday from a buddy that just wanted a new one. Those things have really gone up in price lately so I've been procrastinating on replacing my leaking one. 
The kids love riding to the dumpster with me on Saturday's to run the trash. We call it " the stop-n-swap". 

Southside

If that's the one I called on she was in rough shape and the seller wasn't giving many straight answers. 
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
White Oak Meadows

Walnut Beast

Peter Drouin

Went to the dump. People though away things in the Iron pile. All free

Chain saw sharpener.

A new air compressor. Runs like a top.
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Southside

JD Processor
Riehl Edger
White Oak Meadows

mike_belben

Quote from: aigheadish on December 16, 2021, 02:38:07 PMbut you never know where life takes you...
No sir.  Every time i think i know... curveball. 
Jim did you get it at gunpoint or was it just your index finger through a jacket pocket? Thats got a grand of hydraulic fittings on it. 
Praise The Lord

mike_belben

I cut n bent the stoved in back end to clear the blades this morning and ran the bush hog today. Its hogged bush.  

I heated and beated some frozen gauge wheels someone else rehomed to me and am thinking on if i wanna mod the back end to incorporate a tree pusher bar and open access to the cutter tips for psuedo directional felling.  Just cant leave well enough alone i guess. 
Praise The Lord

Southside

It was repoed 10 years ago, left in the bushes, tilted all the way over, sunk into the ground 8", no air in the tires, no battery, and looked like junk. 

Called the bank and offered to clean up the mess they had, that turned into it's worth a ton of $ and some guy was going to get a loan to buy it from them. When naturally that fell through the bank wanted to talk. 

Only option they had was to hire a guy with a low boy and a rotator to bring it as is to the scrap yard, which would probably have cost them money when it was said and done, but they were certain they would still be in the black.

I had pulled every dipstick and fill plug so I was pretty sure it wasn't as bad as it looked, but I told them to get it running and moving then call me to take a look and talk about more $. Girl calls back the next day, tells me it's mine if I will pay $1K. 

After I cleaned the intake side and every fuel line, hooked up a temporary tank and a battery it started with under 10 seconds of cranking. Now just touch the key and it's running. Even the backup alarm worked the first time I shifted it! 

Have to admit though loading it onto a step deck with only ballast in the tires was a pucker factor ride. One lug at a time, then wait for the "jiggly" to stop. 
JD Processor
Riehl Edger
White Oak Meadows

mike_belben

my crawler loader with heavy extendahoe got sent up from NYC to mass on a brand new all aluminum step deck and the shop monkeys at the outfit i bought it from loaded it forwards by having an excavator with a chain raise the backhoe end so it could walk up the ramps.  

cases are funky to drive and my first try was off the back of that stepdeck with a crazy fast tip factor, down onto the ramps that were blocked up on dunnage.  at the bottom the hoe mount grounded in the tar.  i had to ride on the backhoe while my buddy sat right behind me in the loader seat so i could bucket walk the thing off the trailer.  definitely was not a confident feeling on $40k trailer while the owner watched every spec of gravel on his deck.
Praise The Lord

Ljohnsaw

Well, I could have scored a chassis mount truck crane with stabilizers.  They guy just wanted the cab and frame, the crane was free.  COOL!  But I'd need a crane to get the crane, and a bigger trailer.  If I already had a crane, I wouldn't need this one...  So I passed on it.
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

aigheadish

Here's the lift I was talking about. I don't know a thing about it, will it lift? Who knows! I saw it sitting in the scrap pile and I've got an in with the guy that manages that junk. If nothing else I can keep it around and it if it doesn't work or I can't fix it I may be able to scrounge some junk up off it. Oh yeah, for this and the diamond plate (if I recall it's 4 or 5 pieces about 4'x4' or so) I'll give them 20 bucks. 

mike_belben

Sorry for your loss john.  Id have bent over backward to get it home.  Cranes and bucket lifts have all the parts needed to make a log loader. 

Bought a genie brand 115vac to hydraulic lift table from scrap and got $500 for it from a guy in NH that built incredible quarry and stone breaking/sawing equipment.  Pawjer construction, his place was awesome. Brilliant guy. 
Praise The Lord

Patrick NC

Last week I got 150 tons of ground up asphalt for free. Used it to fix a mill yard and the driveway to it..

Norwood HD36, Husky 372xp xtorq, 550xp mk2 , 460 rancher, Kubota l2501, Case 1845 skid steer,

mike_belben

Oh heck yeah thats a score.  What is road millings worth in your area?
Praise The Lord

Thank You Sponsors!