iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

sna

Started by ely, July 13, 2012, 09:10:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ely

i am looking for a snatch block for a 6 ton electric winch, assuming we max it out in a double pull would i be correct in needing a 12 ton rated block? and if so where would i locate one to purchase.

i am wanting one small in physical size so it can be carried in the truck bin.
any advice is welcome.

Magicman

Tractor supply has them, but there are also other sources.

These are both rated for 15,000 lbs.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Clam77

36,000 LB rated ones from Smittybilt - a 4x4 offroad company.

http://www.smittybilt.com/product/index/204.htm

The picture shows the 18,000 lb rated one - the 36k one is a bit heavier built.  They have excellent service - I've bought stuff from them before.
Andy

Stihl 009, 028, 038, 041, MS362
Mac 1-40, 3-25

ely

thanks guys, i looked at tractor supply here and all i can locate are 3500 pound snatch blocks, for atv winches i am guessing.

Magicman

My store has them in a completely different location from the ATV blocks.   Break the "man's rule" and ask someone.   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

ely

i do break the man rule from time to time and this particular time i was yet again disappointed... out of two employees not one of them even knew what a snatch block was... one of them knew where the electric winches were.

i am used to not having any help in the BBS, so i usually just come here where folks know what they are talking about. ;D

not to start a rant, but a month ago i ask a young fellow where the bisquits were to use with a bisquit joiner, he says and i quote"we dont sell bisquits here." ::) i ask one more guy and he didnt have a clue where they were, eventually i found them and found the kid and showed him, even explained how they were used, to no avail, cause when i walked away all he could say was, they dont look like bisquits to me.

beenthere

ely
The next time you get that answer, then ask them if they would possily have a dozen post holes. ;)

These kids have to start somewhere to learn the myriad of items in their hardware stores. I guess we are their teachers. And some need all the help they can get, but I usually try to pass some info along if it looks like it can be helpful.

I kinda like the biscuit answer.  ;D
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

easymoney

that reminded me of a kid i knew that worked for a small town radio station years ago. he was giving the hourly news reading news from the wire service. he came up on a report about the price of flue cured tobacco. he said i did not know that tobacco had the flue and moved on to the next news item  . ;D

Thank You Sponsors!