iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The weather

Started by thecfarm, August 04, 2008, 08:46:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

51cub

Right at 32 now. Going up to low 50s and a pretty good breeze. Supposed to be near 60 and maybe some wind tomorrow too for the Logrite Open House
I believe in the hereafter, because every time I take two steps into the tool crib to get something I wonder " what did I come in here after"

If nothing else I'm always a good last resort or the guy to hold up as a bad example

SwampDonkey

33F and wet snow this morning. :snowball:
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

trapper

stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

SwampDonkey

Well the snow turned to rain showers by noon and then some sunny breaks, reached 41. Took a 2 hr ride up to the Tobique River and saw 100 deer in the fields, some eagles and an Osprey. The ice is mostly gone in the main river except the head ponds, but thin ice. Will be gone by month end I'm sure. :)

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

thecfarm

Sun off and on. The wind!!! On well it will help dry things out. We might get some real nice weather here in a few days,meaning sun. Sun all day!!! I just have to say that again. Sun all day!!! ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

SwampDonkey

Yes, will be nice bird watching weather. ;D 8)

The boss is itchy to get some ground measured, no more than I am to get a house started. :D

SwampDonkey

30F this morning, no wind, and full sunshine, not even a sign of a cloud. The radio weatherman said cloud and grey today. He better look out the window. :D

SwampDonkey

57F feels hot after 2 months of 30's for high. :D I was transplanting rows of raspberry, spread some sheep manure on the fruit trees and raspberries, put some on the garden, put down mulch. Ground is firm enough to drive on across the lawn and no frost nowhere here, except around the root balls of two old tomatoes. Can't for the life of me figure how a couple tomato roots hold frost. I used some snow as water on the transplanted raspberries. ;D Man out in that sun sure felt hot, was glad to sit in the shade of a pine for a break. ;D :D :D Suppose to be 65F or hotter tomorrow. :)

Chuck White

Reached 70° here today!

Things are really starting to dry up, won't be long now and the yard will start getting some attention!  ::)
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

thecfarm

I have no idea what went on this morning. The sky had changed color. And it was bright out. The sky was a pretty blue,not white or gray at all. Someone had a very strong light on too. Yes,a warm day.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

SwampDonkey

My brother's gravelled drive way is as hard as cement, been that way 2 weeks. Mine is firm now because the snow just went off 2 days ago. ;D Ground always dries out fast around here, no heavy clay. :)

thecfarm

A warm 48°. We had a very light rain yesterday. Did not get much water from it.
The past 2 days was great. Sun,sun,and more sun.
The big pile of snow behind the store is going fast now.

SwampDonkey

Steady soaking rain here last night and today so far. Lots of water, the snow was not making any at all on the ground. The house lot where I am building is pretty much bare, just a shovel full around in spots. Ready to plant a couple clumps of black berries this weekend. I am caging them in since they like to grow 8+ feet with branches, I want them kept in their place. :D I got the raspberries staked and roped. I put the cross arms lower this time, at 30". I seem to always put them too high. These raspberries do get 6-7 feet tall, so if need be I can add another arm a bit higher up the posts. I have 10000 feet of baler twine here, enough for several lifetimes of tying up berries. :D

SwampDonkey

Still a steady rain here, first good rain I seen in ages. ;D :)

thecfarm

Saw the first rainbow of the year. And it was a double one too!!!!

SwampDonkey

I was out yesterday for a drive in the rain to see if there was any head pond ice in the St John. She's gone, no sign of any ice even on shore. Gone. I figured it would be gone by the end of the month despite being a cold one. Spring is right on time after all. I bet there is some water down on Waterloo Row in front of the legislature by now.

Colt's foot has been in flower here for 2 weeks along the ditches. Aspen is in flower to, like pussy willow flowers. :) Nice when there is no bugs, but I do have a few mosquitoes and one black fly hit me the other day. I bass starred him right quick. :D

Logger RK

It was about 45 and sunny yesterday,till the local refinery blew up. Then sky's got dark. We'll see what today brings.

thecfarm

Quote from: Logger RK on April 27, 2018, 05:51:20 AM
It was about 45 and sunny yesterday,till the local refinery blew up. Then sky's got dark. We'll see what today brings.
All I see is the price of gas going up. ::)

chevytaHOE5674

Had our first few 50° days up here over the last week. Still a lot of snow on the ground and ice on the lakes to melt. Calling for some rain and snow tonight then some warm weather coming up. Spring is a bit behind but by June it should be nice out.

thecfarm

I have 3 ponds just a few miles from me.Most of the ice is gone. Them 2 warm days did the ice in. Sunday the ponds was covered.

SwampDonkey

Saw some trout lilies emerging under my planted yellow birch stand. Also wild raspberry breaking ground. I put up one of those 10 x 10 canopy gazebos and a mosquito skirt around it right in under them yellow birch. Like a park with the limbs self pruned up. All I need now in there is my bench swing. I have my fire pot all in place as well off to the side away from the gazebo skirt. I was over to Presque Isle, Maine today and picked up a pound of fence staples at Tractor Supply. I'm caging in them black berries. Water running from lingering snow in the fields. Some warm though, by next weekend she'll be gone around here. Not a lot of snow left on Mars Hill, lots of bare up there. ;)

SwampDonkey

A red cardinal arrived in the back yard this morning in the rain. Still waiting to see a brown thrasher. Yep, more rain, more like a 'Scottish mist' though. Rained all night. :)

Oh, and I just saw my first blue bird in Royalton this morning. We had them in Grafton, but never up here. :)

thecfarm

Not raining now,but foggy and wet.
Youth day of turkey season.

51cub

It's been foggy and wet for a couple days now here. Going to be nice today. I'm definitely going to have to mow the yard this week
I believe in the hereafter, because every time I take two steps into the tool crib to get something I wonder " what did I come in here after"

If nothing else I'm always a good last resort or the guy to hold up as a bad example

SwampDonkey

Well, I saw the first brown thrasher this spring. And the blue birds have taken to one of the nest boxes. 8) I saw 4 blue birds at the same time in the yard, only one at a box so far. Got my swing up for my summer naps under the birch when it gets hot. ;D

Definitely greening up around here fast. No leaves on trees, but that grass. :D

Thank You Sponsors!