iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Need a muffler:

Started by Lewis Brander, July 23, 2004, 07:01:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lewis Brander

Hi to all. I recently acquired an old 1953, PM Rocket, K-1 series chainsaw made in Canada. The saw is complete except for a muffler and 9/16" pitch chain to fit a 27" bar. Any one out there have a parts saw that I could get the parts I need from. Mainly looking for a muffler for now. After cleaning saw and carburetor and doing some magneto work I got the saw running today. But adjusted the old carb on the rich side, because of no muffler. Can anyone help me locate these parts. Thanks lonebear30.
My hobby is restoring old saw. Just because it's old, doesn't mean she can't run and look good again. Take care. Lewis Brander.

DanManofStihl

The only place i know of where you might be able to get a part saw like that is off ebay rhey might have one other then that I dont know. Good luck you might alos want to try flea markets or the local classifieds.  
Two Things in life to be proud of a good wife and a good saw.

Kevin

Call Walkers or one of the others and tell them you want a modified muffler for that saw and see what they have to offer.

Lewis Brander

Thanks to all for the replies and suggestions. I have found a source for emails for Canadian saw collectors and have been sending out emails to see if they might have parts saw that I might be able to salvage one from. I have  checked  Ebay, but haven't seen any PM Rockets listed on there lately. I've also contacted Mike Acres, the chainsawcollector, and have recieved a  reply from him. He'll check his inventory to see if he might have one, but is getting 80 saws ready for a fair and running his buseness. He'll check for me after the first of the month. Thanks again for the replies. lonebear30.
My hobby is restoring old saw. Just because it's old, doesn't mean she can't run and look good again. Take care. Lewis Brander.

Thank You Sponsors!