iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Woodmizer battery goes dead

Started by The Woodcooker, January 09, 2008, 07:54:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Woodcooker

The battery goes dead overnight. Woodmizer says to move the wires in the black box.  Is there an induced current causing the exciter wire to draw current? 
shouldn't these wires be shielded?  Has anyone else had this problem.  The mill has about 30 hrs on it.

Bibbyman

Welcome to the Forum. 8)

What model mill do you have?   I know a little about the LT40 series but never seen a black box.

Hang in there with Wood-Mizer tech support,  they'll help you sort it out.

One temporary thing you could do is remove the negative battery cable when done with it for the day.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Furby

Welcome to the forum WoodCooker. 8)
Any chance you happen to know member Maple Flats ???
He lives pretty DanG close to you.

kderby

I just replaced the battery on my Mizer at 2.5 years (800hrs).  I had not aquired the habit of keeping the contact shoe circuit open (off the copper strip) every night .  Now I do and hope that will help.  The replacement battery cost $93.00.

I would like a tutorial or more discussion about the installation of a second battery.  I know it is a common modification but I have not pursued it yet.

The alternator has been fine.  I noticed the charging problem when dealing with over-size logs that required a lot of wrangling.  The battery would die then the engine would take the hit (no spark).

KD

WH_Conley

Don't know anything about a black box, but between WM, Me and my 2 lb hammer, nothing we haven't fixed yet.

First thing I would check is to take the battery cable off when you quit and put a meter on it the next morning. Might just be a bad battery.

If that don't work, check back in, we will figure it out.
Bill

Polly

8) eh eh check battery overnite by removing negitave terminal connector next try running mill head up where the connector strips dont connect if that fixes problem look for a ground between the two connector strips i bought a cheap saw that had this problem    just a thought good luck ::) ::)

The Woodcooker

Woodmizer finally found somebody that knew whatwas cauing the problem.  They had me remove the red wire on the iginiton post that leads to the green circuit board and reattach it to the accessory post.  The current draw was immediately stopped.  Thanks for all your support they were all good suggestions.   ;D ;D

Bibbyman

I knowed they could!    smiley_clapping

Imagine trying to figure out what's wrong by having someone tell you the symptoms over the phone? 

Some of my best (as least most useful) friends are Wood-Mizer tech support guys.  ;)
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

slidecreekdan

Hard to beat those Wood-Mizer people.

woodhick

I just went through a problem with my feed control.  Woodmizers electrical support walked me right through the test process.  Great support.   Still had to buy a new controller but there support is great.
Woodmizer LT40 Super 42hp Kubota, and more heavy iron woodworking equipment than I have room for.

sparks

That's why we are here guys. We really do love helping you out to keep you going. Don't ever thing your interupting our day. You are our day so give us a call. Even if it's just to say "Howdy".   Thanks
\"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.\" Abraham Lincoln

Thank You Sponsors!