iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

230A timberjack

Started by ehp, September 20, 2014, 06:23:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ehp

anybody have the later 230A with 18.4 by 34 tires on it , mine has 23.1 by 26 and I'm 108 inches wide so would like to know how wide it would be with 18.4 bt 34 on it , Just to hard to get a float to move me at that wide as its a way over legal width

dnash

Can you flip the rims/put them on opposite sides? I'm not sure what your offsets are though. You might lose a bit of stability but you'll save alot of money.
JD 440C
JD 640D
Timberjack 205HR
JD 329E skidsteer
JD CT322 skidsteer

dnash

Also, try checking with some of the local tractor dealers. They are usually already setup with overwide permits.
JD 440C
JD 640D
Timberjack 205HR
JD 329E skidsteer
JD CT322 skidsteer

ehp

my rims are about the same for offset, I looked at that first . Not many people want to move a machine that wide around here and the cops are always looking for stuff like that . I like the 23.1 on the machine as I have pretty low weight per square inch for ground pressure and would be pretty hard to flip over

Ken

I had 23.1 x 26 tires on a 450 TJ one time.  I changed them to 18.4 x 34 and if my memory serves me correctly the machine was 15" narrower.
Lots of toys for working in the bush

Maine logger88

My 540 is the same width as your 230 a friend of mine has a 540 with the 18.4 and his is around 100" if I remember right. Of course I'm sure JD and TJ offsetts are probably different
79 TJ 225 81 JD 540B Husky and Jonsered saws

ehp

amything 102 inches or less would be perfect , just would like to know forsure before spending the cash on it

sandersen

My 66 230C is just a tad over 8 feet (8' 2" tops) with 18.4X 26's.
"Make every step count."

ehp

not sure they would have the same rearends as mine , I might have to find a different offest on rims

ehp

I think I found another set of rims that take 23.1 by 26 and are 3 inches off set less than my per side so I should end up at 102 inches  if everything works out correct , will have to see how it fits , it will be not much room on the inside and have to see if it will hit on the front end when at full tilt on front axle

David-L

ehp, I had a 230A with 18.4x34 and it was trucked on a 10 ton  deck over that was 102" to the rub rails. Had to go on straight ,but fit just fine.

David l
In two days from now, tomorrow will be yesterday.

Thank You Sponsors!