iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

2 years in a row. Deer hunting.

Started by semologger, November 03, 2008, 04:34:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

semologger

This weekend was youth season. So I took my 10 year old daughter. We made it out there about daylight and made it to were i was taking her. And sure enough we jump one. Still to dark to see what it was. So we sat there fer a while and seen one out in a field a long was away. So after me telling her to sit still and not be so loud. She woke me up and said Dad deer. I looked over and one was walking right up on us. We was on the ground. So the deer seen us right off the back with her arm straight out and pointing at it and moving all over the place. I said put your arm down and get the gun. Witch is a 12 gauge single shot with a slug. That kicks like a mule. But she put it right up on her shoulder and after it seems like a minute to me. I am saying shoot hes getting ready to high tail it. Bang she hits em. He turned out to be a spike buck so she was real excited to get her first buck. So she has 2 deers now and only been hunting a total of 3 hours. I am going to have to start taking her more often when its my turn to start pulling the trigger. She must be good luck.

ellmoe

Thirty plus years in the sawmill/millwork business. A sore back and arthritic fingers to prove it!

thecfarm

Another proud Dad with a hunting story.    :D    Priceless.   :D  Sound like you have quite the good luck charm there.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Norm

ADAMINMO

Wheres the picture. I know you got some!!

ARKANSAWYER

Yea! where is the photos?     The buck thought that your snoring was a grunt call. :D  :D
ARKANSAWYER

CLL

Had a 7 point basket buck at 8 yards yesterday(bow hunting), let him go. Looking for something bigger right now. Usually get real serious after gun season.
Too much work-not enough pay.

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

isawlogs

I am going to guess here at it being a small rack buck ...
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

CLL

thecfarm, a basket buck is usually a young deer, 1-2 year old and they have lots of points but no size to the rack. Usually if you let them grow till their 4-5 years old they have big racks that it pays to have mounted, wall hangers :D
Too much work-not enough pay.

semologger

Ya they get bigger but they also get alot smarter >:(

Maineloggerkid

way to go semologger!

CLL, I aplaud you for being able let the buck walk. At my house, if it has horns its down. There aren't that many  deer right now, and we hunt for meat so the first buck we see ends up in the freezer.
JD 540D cable skidder, and 2 huskies- just right.   

Loggers- Saving the world from the wrath of trees!

Thank You Sponsors!