iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

700 year old Oak falls on home

Started by Runningalucas, May 16, 2018, 12:03:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Runningalucas

Figured ya'll would like this article.  It highlights a 700 year old oak in Mississippi falling into a home.

700-year-old live oak splits, knocks hole in Mississippi woman's house | Daily Mail Online
Life is short, tragedy is instant, it's what we do with our time in between that matters.  Always strive to do better, to be better.

fishpharmer

After watching the video, at the end of the article, I have two observations.  1) It's a miracle the four people sleeping inside were not hurt.  2)   The house was/is extremely well built.

Well, one more observation...I despise all the clickable ads within web articles like this one. 
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

cbla

florida

fisharmer

Are you familarwith Reader View? On an Ipad it's the bars on the left side of the URL bar and in Firefox it's the graphic that looks like a letter on the right. If you click on either of those everything except the article goes away.
General contractor and carpenter for 50 years.
Retired now!

fishpharmer

Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

Magicman

I would be curious to know how the age was determined??  :P

I clicked but it also removed the pictures/video and moved the "femail" to the bottom.

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Thank You Sponsors!