iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

MS361c starting trouble!

Started by Butlerslogs, February 12, 2015, 01:36:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Butlerslogs

ive had this saw for 5 years and today she decided not to start :-\ i took out the spark plug and replaced with a fresh one and still no luck! any ideas?

beenthere

No ideas, mainly because I/we don't know what led up to the "today she decided not to start" problem.

Do you have spark? Have you tried putting some fuel into the cylinder, replacing the spark plug, and seeing if it will fire?
Any other thoughts of what conditions took place prior to "no start" other than having the saw for 5 years?  i.e. did it start and run yesterday? been sitting for couple months without running? etc. etc. 

Need some help here.  Saws don't "decide" anything..  ;D
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Butlerslogs

I had been using her the day before and she was smoking slightly so i checked the petrol mix (out of complete paranoia i remixed a load) she seemed to be ok! then this morning i couldnt get her to go!

Butlerslogs

Sorted it  8) new carburettor is needed! There has obviously been water in there, probably from supermarket fuel as i never fill up in the rain!

clww

I picked up in another post that you are in the UK. Do they have the dreaded ethanol over there, too?
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

lumberjack48

Try a new gas filter, it stops water and holds it, saw won't start
Third generation logger, owner operator, 30 yrs felling experience with pole skidder. I got my neck broke back in 89, left me a quad. The wife kept the job going up to 96.

Butlerslogs

Thank You Sponsors!