iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New Delimber in action

Started by smwwoody, April 13, 2013, 06:35:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smwwoody

the pump drive failed on the old barko loader.  new parts for the Funk pump drive were worth more than the loader.  We searched for used parts but didnt have much time to look.  we needed to keep production rolling.  we sold the grapple off the loader and scrapped the rest.  it gave us enough for a down payment on a much newer Prentice 325 with a CTR delimber and top saw.  the new loader has joysticks heat air and a radio not to mention much much more power.  it handles the tree length stuff much better and has jumped our production way up
Full time Mill Manager
Cleereman head rig
Cooper Scragg
McDonugh gang saw
McDonugh edger
McDonugh resaw
TS end trim
Pendu slab recovery system
KJ4WXC

Kemper

Sounds like it worked out great. That's a shame that parts can be so hard to find. I have an old Barko 160B, been pretty lucky so far, but the pump could use a rebuild.

Quote from: smwwoody on June 01, 2013, 10:00:15 AM
the pump drive failed on the old barko loader.  new parts for the Funk pump drive were worth more than the loader.  We searched for used parts but didnt have much time to look.  we needed to keep production rolling.  we sold the grapple off the loader and scrapped the rest.  it gave us enough for a down payment on a much newer Prentice 325 with a CTR delimber and top saw.  the new loader has joysticks heat air and a radio not to mention much much more power.  it handles the tree length stuff much better and has jumped our production way up

smwwoody

what motor does the 160B have.  what pumps are on it i may have some spare parts for you
Full time Mill Manager
Cleereman head rig
Cooper Scragg
McDonugh gang saw
McDonugh edger
McDonugh resaw
TS end trim
Pendu slab recovery system
KJ4WXC

Kemper

Quote from: smwwoody on June 01, 2013, 06:34:43 PM
what motor does the 160B have.  what pumps are on it i may have some spare parts for you

Cummins 5.9, not sure about the pumps.

semologger

we never had much problems with using our delimbing gate for post. i have a post yard and there was a few knots i had to trim up but not to bad. i like using the loader with the delimber more because you can get a few more trees in each skid. the 410 is working good but my air condition is not working. lol its getting hot thats for sure.

Thank You Sponsors!