iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

I just can't help it....some things just make me laugh! :-)

Started by POSTON WIDEHEAD, May 11, 2013, 09:13:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Have a Taylor Way Smoothing Harrow 7 foot wide, 20" disc front 16" disc on rear, drag type, doesnt have wheels or 3pt hitch. adjustable pitch. Used very little. Call xxx-xxx-xxxx . NO TEXTS NO EMAILS $350.00 cash or trade for legal pump shotgun.

I'm sorry..... :D :D :D :D......this just hit my funny bone when I saw the paint job on a "used very little" plow. :D :D :D :D

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

WmFritz

Huh... Are there that many "illegal" pump shotguns floating around that they needed to specify legal?

:D
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

sawguy21

Looks like the highways department drove by with a striping truck.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Magicman

To heck with da "Harrow", "disc", "plow".  ;D  I want da Chevy trailer.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

hillbillyhogs

those pickup bed trailers are like gold now the way scrap metal has been

Rocky_Ranger

How old is that thing anyway?  Got to be an antique - we have one just like it and it "leveled" the spot for Plymouth, MA.....
RETIRED!

Okrafarmer

It is surely old (they don't really make trailing type disks with no wheels now-adays), and so it no doubt needed a paint job. It could have been used very little, just sat in a fence row for 50 or 60 years.  :-\
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

Operating a 2020 Woodmizer LT35 hydraulic for Upcountry Sawmill, Dacusville, SC

Now selling Logrite tools!

Writing fiction and nonfiction! Check my website.

pigman

I did the best I could painting the harrow. All I had was a cheep plastic  pump up sprayer. ::) I said it was used very little; I didn't say it was almost new. ;)
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

sandhills

I think it might be worth a bit more without the "paint job".  I like it, never seen one like that before.

scully

I bleed orange  .

hackberry jake

Around here we call that a krylon rebuild. I wont buy anything thats been painted. Rust colored im ok with. You can tell more about a piece of equiptment if its original.
https://www.facebook.com/TripleTreeWoodworks

EZ Boardwalk Jr. With 20hp Honda, 25' of track, and homemade setworks. 32x18 sawshed. 24x40 insulated shop. 30hp kubota with fel. 1978 Massey ferguson 230.

Sonofman

Scully, surely it is faster now with the fancy 'paint job'. That has to speed it up at least double.  :D :D
Located due west of Due West.

thecfarm

Looks like the old implements that an old farmer is using I know,minus the fancy paint job.  :D   He still pulls them with his old Allis Cambers too.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

JohnM

Do ya think he knocked the mud off before he started painting? ??? ::)

Quote from: hackberry jake on May 12, 2013, 12:43:41 AM
Around here we call that a krylon rebuild.
That is funny, Jake! :D :D
Lucas 830 w/ slabber; Kubota L3710; Wallenstein logging winch; Split-fire splitter; Stihl 036; Jonsered 2150

Jim_Rogers

I was sitting in the diner one day at lunch time, and farmer George was sitting next to me. I asked George: " what are you doing today?

He said " harrowin' ". All the cops in the diner heard "heroin"  :D

You should have seen their heads turn around to see who said that........
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

POSTON WIDEHEAD

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Jim_Rogers

George had quite a smile on his face.....

He knew what they would hear when he said that......

Rooster

What does "harrowin" sound like with a New England Accent???  EH?  ;D
"We talk about creating millions of "shovel ready" jobs, for a society that doesn't really encourage anybody to pick up a shovel." 
Mike Rowe

"Old barns are a reminder of when I was young,
       and new barns are a reminder that I am not so young."
                          Rooster

Jim_Rogers

Quote from: Rooster on May 12, 2013, 10:10:47 AM
What does "harrowin" sound like with a New England Accent???  EH?  ;D

it sounds like "heroin"....... that's the point....... 8)

Dave Shepard

I had the same thing happen at a friends house years ago. Things got real quiet as the whole table looked at me a little funny. I was used to that though. :D
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

cutter88

Romans 10 vs 9 
650G lgp Deere , 640D deere, 644B deere loader, 247B cat, 4290 spit fire , home made fire wood processor, 2008 dodge diesel  and a bunch of huskys and jonsereds (IN MEMORY OF BARRY ROGERSON)

Magicman

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

beenthere

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Sonofman

Located due west of Due West.

Okrafarmer

He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

Operating a 2020 Woodmizer LT35 hydraulic for Upcountry Sawmill, Dacusville, SC

Now selling Logrite tools!

Writing fiction and nonfiction! Check my website.

Thank You Sponsors!