iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Timber Markets on the Backside of the Virus Pandemic

Started by mills, March 17, 2020, 12:06:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BargeMonkey

You wanna know how bad it is ? Guy cut a job / cleared off a spot about 20 miles from here, CANT get the wood gone. Nope. Talked to another logger tonight from C-NY and this guy is sharp about selling logs, he cant get rid of some redpine so I'm leery of softwood for a while but it's getting passed that time of the year anyway. 

Yes RO is really what they want right now predominately up here, we dont have alot of nice WO here. Either things are really going to suck for a while or things will level out and and go nuts all of a sudden ? I dont know. I'm finishing up an ash job right now, I've got some BANGING wood bought the next parcel over, 3 triaxle a day type skid, if not it can stay on the stump another year. I've got no shame sending load after load of 8' wood to finch 😂 go knock down a couple of these hemlock jobs I've got. 

nativewolf

How is RO up there?  NY RO is about as good as it gets.  
Liking Walnut

ehp

are prices are the same on just about everything at this point but that could change in a heart beat . The next 2 weeks should tell us if things are going to get real bad logging wise

Thank You Sponsors!