iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

OUCH

Started by Scott, July 04, 2003, 02:24:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scott

This was a local forestry company's machine 400,000 CAD new and it was 3 or 4 years old. he parked it in a rough area the fire trucks couldn't reach. Smoked for two weeks, no insurance.

Rob

Ouch is right that always hurts the ole' bank account when things like that happen..Looks kinda like a Tigercat processor..

Rob.

Scott

Actually its a fabteck FT133, only one in the maritimes i was told. i have more pictures of his other equipment i just have to resize them.

Rob

I thought it might have been a Fabtec also, just hard too tell thru all the torched paint  :'( I watched a friends '98 545 Cat grapple skidder burn to the ground a year ago out in a remote area on a harvest here in NH too far out in the bush by the time we got the water tank there it was already toast  :o

Rob.

Scott

Yeah that would hurt. At least with the harvester the head, boom, U/C and maybe some other stuff would be salvagable. To put out the fire they dumped mud out of the ditches on it with the excavator. The fire didn't hurt them too much as road building continued and in a month they had this machine

Rob

Thats a nice Deere,longer reach than the Fabtec I'm sure wgich is nice but also has more tail swing..but hey it's still a great machine..I have run a 653E Deere buncher and personally wish I had one or maybe a 445 Timbco  ;DSome day...soon I hope
Keep the pics coming Scott they are always interesting to view,I have some pics I'll post in a bit.
                                       Rob.

Rob

Scott here are a few pics of the day my father borrowed a friends Cat too do some digging,well needless too say when he left at night the machine was too close to the edje and it poured out that night,well anyway this was the aftermath..

Rob.

Rob

We had to pull it out with a D6 Dozer and after that he spent a few days cleaning it,and working on it too get it started again,but the amazing thing was it started up without any major repairs  :o..

Man I remember this like it was yesterday

Scott

Quite an accomplishment, he should be proud :D

Rob

Yeah it was quite the mess to deal with believe me.. :-/ the stick was lying in the back of the dump truck so when it slide off into the abiss it just slide out of the dump body on the way,I'm suprised it stayed up like that overnight..had a good tight hydraulic system I guess..Atleast the truck did'nt go for the ride with it..

hills_logging

:o :o that is the stuckest stuck that I've ever seen stucked!!
bill

Rob

Yup it's defintly stuck  :o took a whole day to drain the water,then another almost day to dig around it..then finally we pulled it out an started the clan up  ::)

Rob.

Scott

Out here we have a lot of cedar swamps so I get to see lots of stuck equipment. One guy got his skidder stuck so bad a D6 couldn't bring him out, they had to dig around it with a 320 Cat then hook the D6 (with winch) and the 320 on. i didn't see this one but the logger is a friend of the familly so next time i see him i'll check and see if he has pictures.

Rob

Scott,

That would be a mess an  half,would love too see some pics of that job.. ;D

Rob.

Thank You Sponsors!