iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Hello fellas

Started by lyle niemi, March 10, 2012, 10:00:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lyle niemi

Im from northern Alberta Canada, I had just bought an old mill just after the new year. I just got logged on here tonight so Im just getting familiar with the site. I hopin to make some friends, post some pics and ask as many questions as I can..lol I might be able to answer some questions as well.
Thats all for now and hope we can talk soon.... Lyle niemi

VictorH

Welcome Lyle!!!  Lots of friends to make here.  What kind of mill did you get and what are your plans for it?

Victor

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Welcome Lyle. You'll have a blast on here with all that these guys and gals know!

You don't have to worry about turning the light out when you leave.....somebody's always here.  8)

Take Care buddy,

David
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Greg Cook

Welcome to your new favorite hangout! Share with us a bit about yourself, your mill, and your goals. And pictures, don't forget pictures!

Greg
"Ain't it GOOD to be alive and be in TENNESSEE!" Charlie Daniels

Magicman

Welcome to the Forestry Forum, lyle niemi.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

lyle niemi

Quote from: VictorH on March 10, 2012, 10:02:58 PM
Welcome Lyle!!!  Lots of friends to make here.  What kind of mill did you get and what are your plans for it?

Victor
Hi Victor, I got myself a nichols mill. It was manufactured in edmonton alberta, Im not sure how old it is. It is a head sawmill and I have benn running it with my 1105 massey tractor. Im still learning all the buttons on this site so maybe tomorrow I will try to post some pics... Oh ya, just a warning, I like posting lots of pics...lol

Coyote

I'm pretty new myself but...Welcome!

morgoon

Welcome

Can't wait for pics, I wonder if you are having unseasonably warm weather there in N Alberta, like we are over here in N Ontario.

If so it will be great sawmilling weather, as the snow is melting fast. (very bad for the water table though :( )
Homemade bandsaw, made by my mentor and dear friend Unto...who turned 85 this year

And I just made my first longbow...awesome

lyle niemi

Quote from: morgoon on March 10, 2012, 11:06:06 PM
Welcome

Can't wait for pics, I wonder if you are having unseasonably warm weather there in N Alberta, like we are over here in N Ontario.

If so it will be great sawmilling weather, as the snow is melting fast. (very bad for the water table though :( )
Quote from: morgoon on March 10, 2012, 11:06:06 PM
Welcome

well isnt that something, Thunderbay is where I was born. ya we are having some pretty warm weather

lyle niemi

I need a little help on how to post pics please

Chuck White

Welcome to the Forestry Forum Lyle.

You'll find that this is a great place to hang out!

Almost forgot, Happy Birthday Lyle.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Magicman

Quote from: lyle niemi on March 10, 2012, 11:15:53 PM
I need a little help on how to post pics please

Go to this thread link in the "Behind the Forum" board and look at reply #1.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Armand Tatro

Lyle:  Knew you would find your here sooner or later.  Enjoy your mill and have fun!  By the way the food section is outstanding!  Armand

customdave

Hi Lyle, welcome fellow albertan, congrats on your mill! I'm located an hour southwest of edmonton, you have joined an awesome Forum, the knowlage here is astounding  8). What are your plans for your mill as I know there is no shortage of timber in your neck of the woods, look forward to your pics!...

Dave
Love the smell of sawdust

Bill Gaiche

Lyle, welcome aboard. bg

Thank You Sponsors!