iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Sky scenes  

Started by Bibbyman, February 15, 2003, 08:28:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Burlkraft

Quote from: Onthesauk on October 29, 2009, 11:21:14 AM
Looks like the end of the world coming over the horizon!

That's not till 2012  :D :D  :D
Why not just 1 pain free day?

Jeff

Last night between storms, we were blessed with the site of the most intense double rainbow any of us had ever saw. I took photos and a video, none of which does it justice. The one photo is taken of the opposite sky.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JuuKo-QcRIU
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

VT_Forestry

Woke up early and got the sunrise over the York River

Forester - Newport News Waterworks

Hilltop366

Some nice pictures Jeff and VT, I don't seem to get up early enough to get sunrise pictures.

I got a few pics of a rainbow on saturday evening, I was at John's Cove Beach at a place called Cape Forchu with my daughter and noticed the rainbow of, of course I didn't have my camera so I took these pictures with my cell phone.

It was one of the most vivid rainbow I can recall seeing and was wondering if the angle of the sun (being close to fall and in the evening) had anything to do with it.

Ron Scott

Calm Waters over Lake Michigan's Straits of Mackinaw, 9/10.

~Ron

Magicman

This is out of the windshield in Southern Colorado.  One lone wind turbine silhouetted below a fiery sky.

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

cutterboy

Hi all. I always find the natural world so entertaining and beautiful. Last Wednesday evening she rewarded me with an amazing show.

Standing outside that evening watching the incredible sunset just made me feel happy to be alive.

Ralph
To underestimate old men and old machines is the folly of youth. Frank C.

Mooseherder

woodbill2

Here's what my wife and I saw on the way home from the Astoria Sunday Market today. This was between Westport, OR and Clatskanie, OR. It did not touch the ground and went back up into the clouds. Pretty rare scene for this part of the country. I e-mailed a couple photos to a local TV news station and they e-mailed back saying they were going to use my photos on the 10 o'clock newscast.
Rain doesn't get things wet, it makes them grow. So next time you get rained on, remember you're growing, not getting wet.

sandhills

Nice picture woodbill2, around this part of the country we really don't like seeing those things, they usually do touch ground, for quite a while  ;).  Thanks for sharing.

SwampDonkey

We get'm here to, but not very often. It's becoming almost an annual event to see where one tore down through the woods. It used to be very rare and in remote places.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Norm

Lately we've been having great sunsets.

Hard to get a good shot with a point and shoot.

OneWithWood

Quote from: Norm on January 07, 2012, 08:40:05 AM
Lately we've been having great sunsets.

Hard to get a good shot with a point and shoot.

I can see the potential
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

sprucebunny

Amid the usual 'bag of cotton' clouds was this one that reminded me of a Spirograph.

Hmm... compression has taken a bit of the detail out....
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

Jeff

View from the Lime Island dock sunset enhanced by smoke from the duck lake wildfire.

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Hilltop366

Nice pics everyone!

This might help you out with the under exposed sunset Norm.

The other day I was messing around with a point and shoot trying to see if I could get a sunset picture, I found that if I point the camera at different places in the sky and push the button part way to set the exposure then point it to where I wanted to take the picture I would get different results, by setting the exposure at a darker part of the sky then taking the picture closer to the sun it would come out exposed closer to what I was seeing. Also I was able to shut the flash off on this camera, if unable to turn off the flash you can try covering it with your finger.

Norm

Thank you for the tip!

Ron Scott

Sunset in Jamaica, 5/10/12

~Ron

Hilltop366

Ron Scott

Mt. Jefferson and the Three Sisters Mountains some 70 odd miles to the south viewed from Mt. hood through the smokey atmosphere of an ongoing Oregon forest fire on 8/17/12.

~Ron

WmFritz

Kinda looks like a painting, Ron ... with the peaks rising above the smoke. Your picture reminded me that it was 30 years ago this month that I camped on Mt. Hood. I think it was around 2 years after Mt. St. Helen.
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

Bandmill Bandit

One of our late summer camping trips a few years ago out to the Red Deer River Recreation Area south west of Sundre Alberta. The day and night shots are the same general area and ALL shots taken by one or the other of my 3 kids with various versions of the Canon rebel cameras and lens. There area  few HDR shots that my son had done that I will post as soon as I get him to dump them on my computer from.

Skilled Master Sawyer. "Skilled labour don't come cheap. Cheap labour dont come skilled!
2018 F150 FX4, Husqvarna 340, 2 Logright 36 inch cant hooks and a bunch of stuff I built myself

Magicman

These may still be there in mid-October.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

SwampDonkey

They should be. They are often green when our hardwoods have dropped their leaves. ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

blackfoot griz

One is looking out my window taken last summer looking to the west. The second was a few years ago in St Martin.  I love looking at that one when its below zero!

Thank You Sponsors!