iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

WoodMizer LT15 Help

Started by Mark M, May 20, 2003, 04:20:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark M

I am trying to make a hand-crank drive for my Norwood saw and have purchased the LT15 crank parts from Woodmizer. As far as I know I should have everything I need but things just don't add up. The parts book is an exploded diagram so I can't see how the parts actually fit together. If someone could take a picture showing the detail of how the crank meshes with the pulley and what the crank rides on it would help. Every indication I have is there should be a 5/8" shaft but the I.D. of the crank is much larger so it seems like something is missing. Please send them by email.

Thanks
Mark

Kevin

Would you be using the crank to lower and raise the head as well advance the head ?
The LT crank serves a dual purpose.

Rick Schmalzried

Mark,
Bear in mind that I don't actually own a LT15....I only get to use whitepe's....But my recollection is that the LT15 system has a chain sprocket solidly mounted to a shaft.  (The sprocket is used to raise & lower the head)  On this shaft fits the windlass pully and then the crank.  The crank is secured to the shaft with an extended length roll pin at the end of the shaft.  

In use you pull back on the crank handle, which engages the roll pin and allows you to spin the entire shaft, which turns the sprocket and raises or lowers the head. Once the height is adjusted, you push forward on the crank which engages 2 pins on the windlass and allows you to crank the mill head through the log.  The windlass rotates on the previously mentioned shaft.

Hopefully this helps out.

--Rick
_         
|_| .  _ |
| \ | |_ |<

Grampa_Joe

Mark
I don't know a thing about Woodmizers, but you should come out and take a look at the advance on my mill. It's about as simple as anything can be. Three pulleys, a piece of wire rope and a couple anchor bolts all hooked to a handle on a rotating shaft. Know I want to know why these guys keep talking about grits? Knowbody really eats that stuff do they? If they do they probably don't know about knoephla and kraut.
Grampa Joe

Bro. Noble

Hey Joe,

Are you talking about Cabbage Kraut or Turnip Kraut-------we've made both and it's good stuff!

Noble
milking and logging and sawing and milking

Weekend_Sawyer

Last time I tried Knee-O-feelia, she slapped me in the face.

Grits is good food and you don't need teeth to enjoy em.
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

Mark M

Here is a picture of the parts I have. Nearest I can tell is the bearings both go into the end of the pulley with the 2 allen-head screws. The parts books shows a couple of washers that go between the bearing. What I can't figure out is the ID of the bearings is 5/8 and the shaft is 5/8 so that makes sense. The problem is the ID of the crank is a lot bigger, maybe 3/4 or so. There must be a bushing or something that goes into it so it will slide on the shaft, but the parts book doesn't show one.

Rick - I am only going to use the travel and not the up and down part.

Grandpa - I'll might give you a call this weekend and come out and take a look at your drive. Maybe we should go to Kroll's for some of dat Knoephla? - oh boy! - dat's almost as good as a six pack of suckers and a beer. :D

Mark

DanG

Grampa, I can see that you need edgeycatin' about yore eatin'  habits, as well as our'n.  Grits is GOOD!  I like kraut, too, and we prolly got that other stuff, but call it something that can be pronounced. ;D

I hereby invite you, personally to The NATIONAL Grits Festival, in Warwick, Ga. It'll be about the second weekend in April, next year, so you got plenty of time to work up a appytight.

If'n ya cain't make that, maybe you could come to Gnat Day, in Camilla, a little later. I'll personally fix you a pot of grits. ;D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Tom

Bro. Noble

DanG I've eaten a bunch of gnats----------but not on purpose! ::)

Noble

Tom

Do Gnat's taste anything like Grits?

dail_h

I agree GRITS IS GOOOOOD SHO NUF!!!!! Now kraut made outta cabbage is good,and kimchee,made outa cabbage and other stuff is good,but what the heck is that other stuff,?id like to try some.     Shoot I meant to say grits with redeye gravy,but I guess don't nobody Know 'bout redeye gravy
World Champion Wildcat Sorter,1999 2002 2004 2005
      Volume Discount At ER
Singing The Song Of Circle Again

dail_h

Shoot hey Noble, how do you make turnip kraut????
World Champion Wildcat Sorter,1999 2002 2004 2005
      Volume Discount At ER
Singing The Song Of Circle Again

DanG

Yeah Tom. You can have some, too. I usually fix a pretty big pot.  Gnats do taste like grits, if you don't actually bite them. You don't need teeth to enjoy either of them.
Dail, you bet yer bippy we know about redeye gravy. That's sumpthin good to put on grits. I'm speakin' of yer nighttime grits, of course. Yer mornin' grits is best with over-easy fried eggs chopped up in'em. A few slices of bakn' and a big ol' cathead biskit, along with it, and yer day is off to a good start.
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Mark M

Hi Dail

Knoephla (nef-la) is a potato dumpling soup with a creamy sauce. Dumplings are snipped into chicken broth, potatoes are added and once the soup is cooked, the entire mixture is laced with cream. It's a "Germans from Russia" food and is pretty dang good. There are different versions, some have meat. Here is a picture of what it looks like:

biziedizie

O.K whatever happened to this post. :D Wasn't Mark asking a question here ??? And then I turn my head for a minute and even Mark's posting about food. :D
  Maybe it's about time we change the subject line to: Some double DanG good eating :D

Steve

Kevin

Some double DanG good eating and other important stuff.

bull

If you want Woodmizer Features By a Woodmizer.... Sell your mill and by an LT 15 that way you will have all the parts for the best little manual mill out there...... GO WOODMIZER 8)

Bro. Noble

Dail,

You make turnip kraut just like cabbage kraut,  turnips are much easier to grow than cabbage and come off in the fall instead of spring.  Old timers around here made turnip kraut in the fall if they didn't get enough cabbage kraut put up in the early summer.

Red eye gravy used to be a staple here (also called speckled sop) but is rare since few people cure hams that will make good gravy.

Hey Norm,

How are your hams looking?

Noble

Fla._Deadheader

Mark, why dontcha just add electric feed and electric up-down, and quit messin around?? It's too easy to NOT do it?? ;D :D
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Kevin

Stop dinking around and screw one of these to the end of your mill ...

;D

Fla._Deadheader

Kevin, how much would you take for that ??  ;D
   First, it is ridiculed;

Kevin

A guy would have to get a song and a dance for something like that.
Mark, my LT is about fifty miles away but I'll check it out this weekend.

Fla._Deadheader

OH, solo mi o  8) Jimmy crack corn and I Don'T care  8) Carry me back to ole Virginny  8)
  How many more ya need and when can I expect delivery?? ::) :) :) ;D
   First, it is ridiculed;

Kevin

That's pretty fair but you ain't no American Idol.  :D

Thank You Sponsors!