iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New Lucas Mill Cranks

Started by logboy, September 29, 2012, 10:07:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

logboy

I love it when I get mail from Australia.

I do everything one-handed (because I only have one) so cranking the Lucas up and down all day can get a bit tiring. I got a hold of Warren Lucas after I saw Sigidi's post on the new cranks, and he fired me off a set.

Installation was super easy. Take the 14 mm nut off the chain, take the chain off, and pop the new cranks on.

Both sides need to be changed since the gearing is different.

You can see the slight gear change in this photo.

Up is quite a bit easier now. The change only took a few minutes. Huge thanks to Lucas Mill on this one. Theyre halfway around the world but provide help like theyre right down the street.
I like Lucas Mills and big wood.  www.logboy.com

POSTON WIDEHEAD

That's great service for sure. Now your mill has that "new car" smell again.

Great pics Logboy.
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Nomad

Lookin good, Logboy.  What is is about them that makes it so much easier? 
Buying a hammer doesn't make you a carpenter
WoodMizer LT50HDD51-WR
Lucas DSM23-19

logboy

Theyre geared lower so you can raise the powerhead without as much effort. It takes more cranks to do it, but it's easier.

thecfarm

I read the topic and thought that you got a new Lucas and it goes fast.  :-[  I can't help it if I'm on the numb side.  :D   Glad you like it. It's always great to buy something and it works the way they say it will.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Chuck White

I hope the gear ratio of the new cranks is what you expected LogBoy, the repetition of different tasks can be very tiring.

Happy sawing. 
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

logboy

QuoteI read the topic and thought that you got a new Lucas and it goes fast.

Not yet. Wait a couple weeks and we'll see what shows up in my driveway.  ;) 

sigidi

Good to see mate - I hope they work well for ya mate, big difference winding the old ones and new ones hey?
Always willing to help - Allan

logboy

I havent tried it yet with the slabber and the mill heads on at the same time, but based on what I have seen so far, it should be a lot easier. It is with just the 827 on it.

sigidi

So how those winches goin then?
Always willing to help - Allan

logboy

I havent had time to do any slabbing/sawing lately. I was in Ohio all last week, and this week I'm playing catchup and working at my writing job. Soon. How is the new 1030 working?

Thank You Sponsors!