iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

bad beat

Started by woodmills1, November 19, 2008, 05:17:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

woodmills1

One of my tree service guys who I pick up for had a bad experience yesterday............it made the papers and the WMUR NH news

He was in the bucket cutting the top of a large tall pine and it went south.  The top knocked him out then tore the bucket loose from the truck and he fell unconsious(sp) 42 feet to the ground in the bucket.  On impact he was ejected from the bucket.

Results................broken shoulder blade bone, head and leg trauma, and general beat up.......but not dead.

MAN :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

SwampDonkey

Ouch, that's gotta hurt for a few days. Not quite the same as the summer fair ride I bet. I hope he recovers well.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

woodmills1

Hurt yes for sure, but the big broken bone is the shoulder scapula and it does not have a way to be set unless broken completly then surgery.  So, a very active guy needs to stay inactive in pain.   I went to the site and figured out it was good he fell in the bucket or he woulda been impaled like a bad B movie.
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

Sawyerfortyish

Had a accident happen here back a couple weeks ago. This guy was in a bucket truck trimming trees along a driveway. The driveway is on an uphill slope and he had wheel chocks in place. But when he extended the bucket way off to the side of the truck it leaned and jumped over the chocks. I guess the brakes came off at the same time and the truck started rolling backwards with the guy in the bucket fully extended up and out. It rolled about 100yrds crossed the main highway hit the guardrail on the other side broke that away and went down a 20' embankment and fliped over. They flew him out on the medivac chopper. I don't know what the out come was he was alive.
But can you imagine that ride he had wow :o

wi woodcutter

Thats one heck of a ride in a bucket truck!
2-066's ms660 034av 076av huskee 27ton splitter CB5036
A guard dog needs food, water, shelter, walking and training.
My Smith & Wesson only needs a little oil!

mike_van

Woodmills, that guy had no harness on?  The ones we had attached to an eye on the boom, so if the bucket snapped off, you didn't go with it. Sounds like he's 'lucky' to still be around. I'm betting OSHA will be paying that outfit a visit.
I was the smartest 16 year old I ever knew.

woodmills1

No he had no harness, though I think a harness might have killed him in this situation.  I think the tree knocked him out, so he slumped into the bucket, which kept him from tensing up.  The bucket was 2 layers which kept him from being impaled on the ground.  Them on impact he got bounced out of the bucket which cut down on his impact energy.  wasen't his day!! :o

Thank You Sponsors!