iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

International Td7e clutch pressure

Started by backwoodsdave, July 23, 2020, 11:21:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

backwoodsdave

Neighbor has a Td7e that sometimes while pushing brush etc the machine would sometimes just start getting slower until it stopped, clutch pressure gauge would show no pressure,  he would then knock it in neutral, raise the rpm for a while and the pressure would come back and away he would go again, wouldn't happen all the time, just now and then, any ideas ? Weak pump, air ? Or deeper in the converter or trans ?

Oliver05262

There should be a suction strainer, not sure where on 7-E, but the G has it inline. Pull that strainer and see if debris is blocking it. Depending on what you find, you may be able to clean it and keep working, but if you find metal or much friction material, you would best plan on repairs.
  Is there any sign of water contamination of the oil?
Oliver Durand
"You can't do wrong by doing good"
It's OK to cry.
I never did say goodby to my invisible friend.
"I woke up still not dead again today" Willy
Don't use force-get a bigger hammer.

Satamax

A daft thing, is there enough hydraulic oil in the tank?  ;D
French CD4 sawmill. Latil TL 73. Self moving hydraulic crane. Iveco daily 4x4 lwb dead as of 06/2020. Replaced by a Brimont TL80 CSA.

backwoodsdave

Oil doesn't look milky and the level is good but who knows how long since the last service, this has been a farm machine for a long time, the owner is around 80 and purchased a d3 with air cab a few years ago, He usually calls me to repair his farm equipment etc and he offered me this little dozer for 4k if I wanted it, he's an up front guy and told me about the clutch pressure issue, he said it may do it or maybe not sometime, I helped him move it back to his shop and rode it probably a mile and pushed around with it and it was working fine, runs like a top, steers good etc, just this intermittent pressure issue, I probably didn't work it enough to get it good and hot either to make the issue show up so it's a mystery to me right now.

g_man

I would look for an air leak in the suction line causing the pump to lose prime. Worst case would be a seal in the pump leaking. The suction lines get hard with age and are hard to clamp.

gg

mike_belben

Isnt that a torque convertor machine?  

$4k is a fine price if the bottom has life left, even if it needs work.  Repowermag has an online forum for IH nuts and thats the place to ask.  Theyll know for sure how to sort it out.
Praise The Lord

OntarioAl

Al Raman

backwoodsdave

Quote from: mike_belben on July 23, 2020, 06:54:08 PM
Isnt that a torque convertor machine?  

$4k is a fine price if the bottom has life left, even if it needs work.  Repowermag has an online forum for IH nuts and thats the place to ask.  Theyll know for sure how to sort it out.
Yes this machine has a torque converter, I also posted over on red power, haven't got much response yet but hopefully I'll get some ideas, I agree 4K is more than fair for a running machine in pretty decent shape, he only offered it to me for that price because I help him out with his other farm equipment etc.

tacks Y

I have an 8E its been a great machine. Some where on line there is a machine repair forum that I have been on, covers all types of machines. It has been helpful sorry I do not have the address.

mike_belben

Praise The Lord

Thank You Sponsors!