iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Help with gearomatic winch on a c6 treefarmer

Started by plasticweld, November 06, 2013, 07:19:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

plasticweld

I just got this machine and I am not familiar with the winch, it does not wind in the way it should, it acts like there is air or the master cylinder is week on the hand control. looking the set up over it would seem like there should be some sort of bleeder screw somewhere in the line. The winch acts as though there is not enough travel in the lever for it to wind in properly, if I lean on it hard it works better. Two questions, is there supposed to be bleeder valve for this system. How do I tell if the master cylinder is week. The winch from time to time acts correctly leading me to believe that it is function properly but not getting enough pressure from the master cylinder to engage the clutchs on the winch. Any thoughts on this would be appreciated..Bob 

mad murdock

Make sure you have zero leaks, you can bleed by cracking the line where it goes into the fitting on the brake cover.
Turbosawmill M6 (now M8) Warrior Ultra liteweight, Granberg Alaskan III, lots of saws-gas powered and human powered :D

keen

Sounds like your cup seals in your master cylinder are bad. I have had the same problem with my c5 before. Easy fix. On my c5 there was no easy way to bleed it once the cup seals were changed. I cracked the line going to the brake and it got some of the air out and still wouldn't work. I called up some tree farmer techs and they said let it sit over night and work the lever in the morning. 10 minutes cranking the lever back and forth in the morning and it finally started working. You should be able to get the cup seals from a automotive shop.

John Woodworth

Two Garret 21 skidders, Garret 10 skidder, 580 Case Backhoe, Mobile Dimension sawmill, 066, 046 mag, 044, 036mag, 034, 056 mag, 075, 026, lewis winch

Thank You Sponsors!