iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Firefighters in arizona......

Started by Woodhauler, July 01, 2013, 06:52:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woodhauler

PLEASE PRAY FOR THE 19 men who lost there lifes trying to save others from that massive forest fire.
2013 westernstar tri-axle with 2015 rotobec elite 80 loader!Sold 2000 westernstar tractor with stairs air ride trailer and a 1985 huskybrute 175 T/L loader!

cutterboy

To underestimate old men and old machines is the folly of youth. Frank C.

reride82

It truly is a sad event. It seems like they were a very experienced crew too. It just goes to show we can never be to careful. I have a lot of friends that fight wildfire either seasonally or are smoke jumpers, so it hits pretty close to home.
'Do it once, do it right'

'First we shape our buildings, then our buildings shape us'
Living life on the Continental Divide in Montana

Corley5

Beyond tragic  :( :'(  One was a father of four young children.  He was in his 20s  :(
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Woodhauler

Believe it or not, I am a state of maine certified forest fire fighter! Got my card in 1981, fought 1 fire , wasn't my thing! Pay was good. Showed my card to a state forest ranger and he said it was good for life! I use it as a conversation piece now. ;D
2013 westernstar tri-axle with 2015 rotobec elite 80 loader!Sold 2000 westernstar tractor with stairs air ride trailer and a 1985 huskybrute 175 T/L loader!

clww

This was one of the first things I saw on the news this morning. I almost cried, and am deeply saddened by this tremendous loss of some of our best young Americans.
They are all what I consider truly heroic by their sacrifice for their fellow man.
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

1270d

Some of my good friends are wildland firefighters out of Prescott.   I was pretty nervous they were on the crew that perished..  Finally heard from them around 9 this am.  The men who died were close friends of Thiers.

Very sad
http://www.azcentral.com/news/free/20130701yarnell-hill-fire-firefighters-names.html

Rocky_Ranger

We lost two young firefighters early in the morning just this past Friday (off-duty accident) and was having a Critical Incident Stress Management (CISM) debriefing yesterday (Sunday) morning.  Got the "Tweet" out of SWCC (Southwest Coordination Center) about the fire reaching 1000 acres right before noon.  Some of the CISM team was from Prescott and headed back after lunch.  It has been a bad and long 3 or 4 days here in Arizona..........
RETIRED!

Warbird

Is there a full list of names of the victims anywhere??  One of my friends from church is a Hot Shot firefighter who was shipped out of Alaska a few weeks ago.  I'm trying to find out if he's okay.

Warbird

Nevermind, just clicked the link in this thread and found the updated list.  While my friend's name isn't on the list, we are praying for the victim's families.

WildDog

Very sad event, at 4pm this afternoon down here news reports on the fire stated zero containment and temperatures of 54 degrees.
If you start feeling "Blue" ...breath    JD 5510 86hp 4WD loader Lucas 827, Pair of Husky's 372xp, 261 & Stihl 029

sandhills

Our thoughts and prayers go out to all the families.  I read through the list and obituaries, so many kids and wives left without a father/husband, definitely enough to make a grown man cry.

Chuck White

Definately a sad day for sure.

Prayers and thoughts to the families.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Warbird

I just can't imagine.  2 of those guy's wives were pregnant with their first children.  Another had 4 young kids and wife.  So very sad.

I misspoke earlier, the friend I was worried about is a smoke jumper, not a hot shot.  This event has hit the entire fire fighting community very hard.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Warbird on July 01, 2013, 11:14:19 PM
Is there a full list of names of the victims anywhere??  One of my friends from church is a Hot Shot firefighter who was shipped out of Alaska a few weeks ago.  I'm trying to find out if he's okay.

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Texas Ranger

God's mercy on the fallen, and for their families.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

drobertson

As the wife of one said," they are hero's"  and I agree.  Drafts and wind shifts are so unpredictable, and this environment is at the highest of life threating.  These 19, and others that go in for the country should be given the highest honor.  My heart goes out to these brave men, and their families,  david
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

petefrom bearswamp

thoughts and prayers for the victims and families from Bear swamp.
I was on two campaign fires here in NYS in the 60's but the fire characteristics are totally different here.
Always ground cover and no crowning.
A big fire here was 100 acres or so.
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

Thank You Sponsors!