iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Retirement

Started by sparks, November 04, 2019, 01:51:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sparks

I will be retiring December 31st, 2019. I want to say how much I've enjoy talking and giving advise on the forum.
I'm sure Wood-Mizer will continue to support the forum and those on here with the help needed.

"Saying goodbye doesn't mean anything. It's the time we spent together that matters, not how we left it." – Trey Parker
\"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.\" Abraham Lincoln

ellmoe

Enjoy your retirement! You have been very helpful to me in the past. Thank you.
Thirty plus years in the sawmill/millwork business. A sore back and arthritic fingers to prove it!

jeepcj779

Congratulations on the retirement. From reading on the forum I know that you will be missed. Thanks for all the good info you have put out over the years.

Magicman

Congratulations and I wish you Happy Travels.  I only met you after I retired and started sawing 17 years ago.  ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

samandothers

Congratulations on this life milestone!  Enjoy now the fruits of your years of labor.

A-z farmer

Congratulations on your retirement Sparks .
I know the wood Mizer family will miss you but a lot of your knowledge is written here on the forum .

John S

Congratulations and enjoy your retirement!
2018 LT40HDG38 Wide

Stephen1

Congratulations On your Retirement !
IDRY Vacum Kiln, LT40HDWide, BMS250 sharpener/setter 742b Bobcat, TCM forklift, Sthil 026,038, 461. 1952 TEA Fergusan Tractor

DR_Buck

Congratulations Sparks (Rick).  Have fun doing other things that don't look, feel and sound like work. You will be missed.    
Been there, done that.   Never got caught [/b]
Retired and not doing much anymore and still not getting caught

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

terrifictimbersllc

Congratulations and thanks for your help over 18yrs with my 2001 super.
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

Chuck White

Congratulations on your retirement, Sparks!

You'll surely be missed!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Onthesauk

Congratulations!  Have always been impressed with how quickly you've jumped in to answer questions or make suggestions.  Best sponsor support I've ever seen on a web site!

Enjoy retirement.  I highly recommend it!
John Deere 3038E
Sukuki LT-F500

Don't attribute irritating behavior to malevolence when mere stupidity will suffice as an explanation.

jtmccallum

Congratulations on your retirement. Thanks for your help over the years. 
John M.        '97 WM LT40Super Manual 40HP Lombardini,  XP372,   CASE 1210 W/ Loader

barbender

Congratulations, Sparks! I know your knowledge and eagerly helpful attitude will be missed, but you have earned it- enjoy the next chapter!
Too many irons in the fire

SawyerTed

Congratulations!  Remember to mix in some fun with all the other things retired people get into!  It is easy to try to do all the stuff around the house in the first couple of months. Whatever you choose to do enjoy!
Woodmizer LT50, WM BMS 250, WM BMT 250, Kubota MX5100, IH McCormick Farmall 140, Husqvarna 372XP, Husqvarna 455 Rancher

Magicman

Heck, you could even buy a Wood-Mizer sawmill and get into the Portable Sawing Business.  :D

It surely "wood" keep your mind off of fishing.  fishin-smiley
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Andries

Thank you for all your Forum contributions, and enjoy a well deserved retirement.
It's time to set your own schedule and agenda!
LT40G25
Ford 545D loader
Stihl chainsaws

jbjbuild

Congratulations on your retirement!!
Woodmizer LT35HD, John Deere 790, Logrite Cant Hook

Jeff

Rick, you are a cornerstone here. You are one of the reasons the Forestry Forum has been able to help so many for so long.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

WV Sawmiller

Congratulations and thanks for all your help. I hope retirement is so much fun you say "I should have done this 40 years ago."
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

petefrom bearswamp

You will soon wonder how you had time to work.
Enjoy Rick
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

richhiway

Enjoy a healthy retirement.
Woodmizer LT 40
New Holland 35 hp tractor
Stihl Chainsaws
Ford 340 Backhoe

Dan_Shade

I appreciate the help you've provided to me over the years, and conversations at the pigroasts too. 

Congrats, and enjoy your retirement. 
Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

customsawyer

Congratulations. Thanks for always being there my good friend. You will be missed.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Thank You Sponsors!