Sponsors:

spring has sprung

Started by tnlogger, April 06, 2006, 09:55:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tnlogger

looks like planting time is close  ;D

gene

Coon

Looks like it's a beautiful time of the year where you're at.  Planting time is a ways away here.  Heck, we still have about 2-3 feet of snow on the ground for the most part.  Planting usually begins during the first part of May around these parts, but, not this year.  We will be lucky to get into the fields about the second week in May.  The water has started to run in the past couple of days.  Many creeks, slough, ponds and rivers are near the high flow marks---- and rising.  Gonna be some serious flooding going on.

Brad.
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

SwampDonkey

Been having a few snow flurries this week, but it melts as soon as we hit mid morning. They been calling it a dry spring and I think they are all crazy. I don't think they have tried to drive across a field yet to see just how wet it is.  ::) It's dry only in the sense that the grass dries quick on a sunny warm day, but the ground sure ain't dry.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

sawguy21

Grass is greening up and the trees are starting to bud. Sure is nice to not need a jacket ;D
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

CHARLIE

No green leaves, no green grass and the ground is still frozen but no snow either and temps are in the 50's.  It won't be long before I start seeing some green.  Garden won't get planted until after Mother's Day.
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

SwampDonkey

Well the nuts are actually opening the golf courses here before the 15th this year. They say they have green already, but from what I've seen on TV the grounds are as brown as they are in my yard. Some of these golf heads wear some tall rubber boots and shovel heaps. It's no warmer in Fredericton than it is here according the the temperature reports they give each day. ;D

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

blueox

No Spring here in Vermont. Flurries outside my window today. Dreary....dreary....dreary, still snow in my back yard, some parts of VT are seeing the brown grass, but we aren't sure if we still have grass under that white stuff.

DOT Highway Approved Log Load Trailers. For your ON Road Multi-Purpose Use

sawguy21

Quote from: SwampDonkey on April 06, 2006, 02:57:19 PM
Well the nuts are actually opening the golf courses here before the 15th this year. They say they have green already, but from what I've seen on TV the grounds are as brown as they are in my yard. Some of these golf heads wear some tall rubber boots and shovel heaps. It's no warmer in Fredericton than it is here according the the temperature reports they give each day. ;D
They are open here. Just thought I would throw that in ;D

SwampDonkey

Ah, another golf-head. ;D :D

Engineer

Today was kinda chilly, just a few isolated patches of snow here and there from the snow on Tuesday, but the grass is greening up, the daffodils are about to pop, the chives and garlic are up, and the honeysuckle ( >:( >:( >:( >:() is getting green buds.  I hate honeysuckle.  The surveyor's #1 nemesis, just one step worse than thornapple.   :( :'(  I'll probably put some peas and spinach in the ground next week, under the cold frame.

sawguy21

Nope. I'd rather be fishing ;D

SwampDonkey

We have wild honeysuckle here (fly and bush) and they are no problem as all.  ::) Now 8 foot tall wild raspberries, there's a good entanglement. :D

Thank You Sponsors!